Chapter 3: SWEET DREAMS, ...

Three weeks ago ...

   Rose was so hyped-up from frustration she thought she could burst.

   Despite her never-ending lessons on calmness in an assassin that had been going on for, like, nine years now, it was ridicuolously easy to rile Rose up. A few comments, insults and cursing she could take easily enough, but she had no memories of any"long" encounters between her and her targets - mind you, it was only long enough to speak a few sentences - that ended without a bloodbath. Even other collegues of her had to admit that, being an assassin, she was too easy to be goaded by any emotional jibes.

    So what had happened this time round? Simple, really, she had almost exposed herself as an assassin trying to get close to its prize. Two times already. If she had really believed in magic and all that crap about fate and destiny, she would certainly said that this whole mission was some sort of game Fates the Bitches pulled to rub on her previous path of unparalleled success. Some things just kept going wrong. At the least possible moments ever.

         A week ago, when the woman was attending a charity event that had been held outside, Rose had been a little cocky. So, instead of losing herself in the crowd and found any chance to stab the target in the heart, she had set the perfect place for her sniper rifle. After all, this was what Rosemarie Michealson excelled at, and no one ever forgot - no, they didn't dare to forget. In black markets' dealings, you found the places where you could hide from every single planned rifle, where you could hide from Rosemarie, or you wouldn' have to deal any longer. Since you were already a dead man walking.Of course, all of their pitiful attempts to choose an okay place was wasted. If she had wanted to find them, they were dead.

          Anyhow, the impossible became possible a week ago. Just when she was about to press the trigger to her rifle, her aim already covered so that not a single movement could help this one escape, the lady looked straight into her rifle and put a minister at the funding in front of her. Yet, the speed which she had done so was unbelievable, surpising - hell, shocking - to Rose's human eyes. She had almost shot the minister too, if not for her trained reflexes that were always a little better than any others in the field. Then, the sky had just opened up right away, although the weather forcaster had said that that day was probably the hottest of the year.

   Her second attempt had been the same. Seeking to assure her ego that her shooting skills hadn't diminished despite the lack of pracitce lately, she had given the assault rifle a second chance.

          Just like last time, she actually looked straight at her like she could see Rose from half a mile away, through countless buildings between Rose and the quiet square where she was sitting in. Then she smiled, and shivers danced along Rose's spine. It was creeping the hell out of her, but this time she had prepared, and with no hesitation, she fired the shot.

          And for anyone who hadn't been aware this, a bullet traveled very fast. Half a mile was nothing, nothing compared to its speed, and as for it was, the bulleat should have reached its intended target in a second. But she moved away. Gods, it was a fucking second and she moved away, her simple blue trench coat billowing in the sudden wind, just simply out of nowhere.

   That bullet diasappeared, too. Despite having "accidentally" passed that square many times since the for three days since the last attempt at failure, she had never found any trace of it. 

   In hindsight, she should have known that something was wrong with this situation, but she had brushed her instincts aside, assuring herself that she had just not looked hard enough and for the first time in her nine fucking years spent shooting, she had missed. Hard to convince, she knew, but she was stubborn and unknowing, like so many humans, and she had let that convitions settled inside her.