Chapter 4: THE INFAMOUS WH-QUESTION

Konrad Apostolov watched calmly as the female in front of him struggled to get herself out of the coma-like state he had put her in for compulsion. Ah, the beauty of such arts, the compulsion part, not the female one, though she certainly was exceptional. With long blond hair just a little bit darker than his pulled up in a pony tail and features soft in all the right place, this female could even compete against the infamous Greek goddesses if not for the look in her blue eyes.

   Konrad could easily decipher that look as if it was his own, and in many ways it was. Unlike most females he had encountered in his long life, she had eyes of a killer. And judging by the blood on her clothes, she was one. The blue in her eyes were sharp as if it had edges that could freeze you soul where you stood. It was pretty ironic how civillians - both immortals and mortals - claimed that eyes were the windows through the souls, really. They willingly fooled themselves, saying that killers, criminals, ... you name it were just the shell people wore around them and inside there was a sould worth redeeming. Truth was, they knew truly and well there were no such things as a killer's soul. Like his didn't exist. Neither did hers.

   Still, she was probably the most beautiful woman he'd ever seen in his years. Dressed in simply blue shorts and a white tee with collar, her hair mussed around her from all the tossing, she still managed to take his breath away.

   As she tossed and turned in unconsciousness, he started to ponder if he had put much more amount of compulsion into her system than necessary. Yet, he had sensed a difference in her eyes than normal humans. Inside her body was the Potential, what the immortals called their inner strength and power that hadn't yet developed. Usually, when an immortal child a born - an unsual occurrence in their world since the Origin - the start of all beings - demanded a check-and-balance system, its place in the world was depended on how much Potential it had. The Potential could be sensed by all of the Immortals, but some especially was more sensitive than others, while some especially was less sensitive than others, like him, for instance.

   To say he was quite surprised that the female had Potential inside her was an understatement, since the beginning of time - or maybe someday in the past not as drastic as that - only immortals were blessed with the Potential, a part which helped them maintain immortality. There were legends, of course, that some humans had the Potential too, though those humans never lived long. It made sense, a mere mortal body wasn't made to contain the such vast power and sooner or later, like a balloon too inflated, the body would have to yield.  No one knew why those specific mortals possessed such ability, but some theories were given and the most common of them was that those humans were the descendants of the fruit from the bonding of the witches - who resembled humankin the most in the immortal's world - and the mortals.

   Maybe this female - Rose - was one of them.

   Shrugging off his curiosity for this intoxicating female, he focused on the matter at hand. After three days stuck in this Godforsaken place Konrad hadn't figured out how to get out. The last thing he remembered before blacking out and waking up in here was that he was about to go get his car and go home. Then boom, nothing more. Someone had obviously attacked him, but who?

   Too many unanswered questions and the state in which he was held brought out even more questions. From what he could see, the security aroung here was quite slacking, in other words, none. There were absolutely no surveillance cameras that he could see along the hallway and a quick check in his cell proved fruitless; there was no bugs on him or in here either. Unsurprisingly, there were no guards patrolling that he could hear the three days he was here.

   For a human - like her stuck in this cell - it would seem ridiculously easy to sneak out providing you had skills which he presumed this female had, but for a vampire like him there were a few problems. A. He couldn't touch anything in this cell without suffering third-degree burns because even the concrete floor beneath them were coated slightly with very dilute silver nitrate - dilute enough for humans not to burn but still enough to smoke up his bare skin. B. There were silver chains around him, not only causing him immense pain but also preventing him from moving freely.

आप प्रकाशित भागों के अंत तक पहुँच चुके हैं।

⏰ पिछला अद्यतन: May 30, 2012 ⏰

नए भागों की सूचना पाने के लिए इस कहानी को अपनी लाइब्रेरी में जोड़ें!

Dark Night Fallen - Night Sentries 1जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें