Chapter Seven: [damage control]

Start from the beginning

Stiles let her words process, his lips parted slightly- she was completely right. The mathematical terms flowed from her lips as if it were natural and Stiles couldn't help but love the sound of intelligence coming from her mouth.

"God, I love you."

Indigo became confused at the sudden confession, but she was soon surprised with Stiles' lips on hers, his body quickly leaning up to meet hers as he instantly began kissing her. She hummed in approval, closing her eyes as she put her pencil down and cupped his jaw, enjoying their possibly fifth or sixth break from studying.

Stiles blushed a bit at her jab at their form of 'studying', as he leaned into her to make a snide remark, "Hey, if there was an anatomy section-"

He didn't get to finish before Indigo quickly backhanded his bicep, causing him to step away, hissing at the sudden shock.

Not paying attention, Malia continued on, rolling her eyes at Scott's attempt at optimism. "Doesn't mean I'm gonna do good."

"See?" Indigo nodded, gesturing to Malia to emphasize her great point. Malia nodded back to her in return, a smile plastered on her face. Indigo looked back to Stiles who winced a little, and shrugged.

"What is it?"

"Well."

Indigo and Malia's confused glances made Stiles continue.

"It's- It's do well, not good." Stiles mumbled a little. The two girls' eyes widened, looking to each other.

"Oh my god." Malia groaned. Indigo placed her head in her hands, looking down to the tile floor in despair.

"Okay, okay-" Scott held his hands out, trying to ease the two. "You're both doing this, because while we're trying not to die, we still need to live. I mean, if I survive high school, I'd like to go to college. A good college."

Kira nodded in agreement, the two girls now looking to her. "It's three hours. We can survive three hours."

Indigo raised her eyebrow at the girl, but Kira continued to give her a hopeful look. Indigo groaned and leaned over, allowing her forehead to smash into Stiles' chest. Stiles stumbled, only a little, before he sighed, wrapping his arms around her. She continued to slump, feeling Stiles' hands run smooth circles on her back.

Indigo stepped up to the desk when Stiles was done pressing his finger to the card. She gave the man a small smile, but he didn't return it. Awkwardly, Indigo puffed her cheeks before letting the air out, as she placed her thumb in the ink and made her thumb print on her paper. The man handed her paper and two test pencils, before directing her to her seat.

Nervously, she quickly made her way there and no longer than a few moments later, Scott sat next to her. Alphabetical order, horizontally. Indigo peered over her left shoulder, not seeing Stiles, before looking over her right and seeing him tap his desk with both pencils as the same time.

Stiles looked around before finding her gaze. He gave her a smile and a nod, only receiving a frown from her. Stiles shoulders slumped.

'You'll do fine.' He mouthed to her. Indigo slowly nodded, hoping that taking his word for it would somehow make her perform better on the test. She turned around just as the man up front began to speak.