51; sing to the sky

Start from the beginning

The ice began its assault as the older ninja ran to save his life. 'God, she's going to kill me if she sees this mess- that is if both of us make it alive.' 

He left the castle to the heavy snow outside. Cursing himself for neglecting his winter attire, Kakashi ran to the top of the mountains. A wild idea but he has no other way.

Time to ride or die.

———————

It was so, so cold. It reminded her of the times when her body would give up on her if she overused her powers back at Konoha. Surprisingly, she's never felt that when she's at the Snow Islands. 'This is really a blessed land for us.' She let her hand touched the hard ground beneath her as her hand glowed a silver light. Nami has tried to use the light to escape Hachi's indestructible shield but there were just fruitless results. Her anger was her weakest point at the moment. If only she could just learn to forgive and forget... The light fainted as Nami stopped wasting her energy.

Are they going to just abandon her here alone ton rot? Her eyes glanced to Ryu- the shinobi that scared her during the Chuunin Exams. Blue eyes locked with green as she softly asked him a question. "Why?"

"Why? Why??" He scoffed. "You really want to know why?" Ryu slammed his hand to the ground as he channels his energy to the ground. "Everyone knows when you're officially coronated, you'll have the strongest connection to the lands. And Hachi... she wants that power. Ever since she saw how your grandfather used it to protect us during the worst civil war in Snow Islands history, she's been dying to want to use it for her own good. I want to create a utopia- a land where we would agree and think the same way every single time. Not sure how she's thinking of doing that but well... I don't care."

"You... don't care?"

"I'm just doing this because she promised me I'll get to toy around with you once her plan succeed." Nami's face changed drastically as she distanced herself from the latter. "Well, you're really pretty and you have a great appearance so-"

Nami thanked the gods for the sudden explosion as Ryu stopped talking almost instantly. As Ryu walked to see what was the commotion about, Nami felt a friendly presence approaching from behind. Her eyes became watery suddenly at the sight of her most trusted people in the world.

"What kind of barrier is this????" Iruka threw a shuriken at the barrier. Nothing happened to the shield nor the shuriken. "It's a magic shield, Iruka. Unless we kill Ryu or Hachi, it's not gonna fall by itself." Kōri looked at his queen with a relieved expression. "The last barrier must be something really personal, is it? You could have broken this in the next 3 minutes after you were trapped in."

Nami gave him a weak nod before signaling them to be aware. Ryu's back and he seemed to have noticed the two intruder's sudden appearance. "Huh, it's that chuunin shinobi and the whimpy swordsman. Finally came to rescue the damsel in distress, I see." He looked at Nami with a disgusted look. "What a wimp, depending on others to save you. No wonder Hachi beat you so easily."

His words cut through the future queen's heart at lightning speed. That's what she is- weak, pathetic, an embarrassment. All her achievements and success as a shinobi is nothing if she couldn't even stand up for her own kingdom. Nami didn't realize she was crying until her hands were wet with the tears. As she watches Kōri and Iruka fight for her freedom, the words continued to haunt her.

Weak.
Pathetic.
Useless.

No.
That's not the Fuyuhana Nami she swore she would be.
The Fuyuhana Nami her aunt had trusted the kingdom with is smart, bright and a strong queen.

A queen that would die for her people.
A queen that would break bones for her kingdom's sake.

'Rise.' The inner voice inside her spoke. 'Rise and reclaim what is yours.'

Her hand glowed and she could suddenly sense everything. How much magic Kōri used to open the hidden tunnel, how the citizens are all in their respective houses, anxiously waiting for the sound of the horn to notify that the coronation ceremony is starting.

How on top of the mountains a Fuyuhana is fighting a white-haired ninja.

Kōri managed to dodge an ice attack- although one of it managed to scrap his cheek. But that dodge was definitely worth it as he noticed the barrier started to crack.

———————
im sorry for the long disappearance.