ACT II- Scene I

Arthur:

By Sunset, Amul returned to the dungeon. He grinned with malice and pleasure as he saw me panting on the muddy ground. My dry lips were begging for bread and my eyes were dimmed with affliction. My mind was absorbed with the desperate screams of Candace. My spirit strolled across the dungeon's door after her. I was laid on the floor, staring at the prison bars. I wanted to snatch them off and close Amul's slanderous mouth. But I couldn't. As he spoke, his voice sounded distant. My heart felt heavy, ready to detach from my chest. My shoulders loosened up while my cheek admired the sweet touch of the dampness of the ground. I heard Candace's steps sauntering under my ears which made me smile, tuning out the pain.

Amul:

"Any last wish before thy downfall cometh, Arthur?"

Arthur:

"Death is a beast that can't be tamed. However, I will spread mine arms just like an angered sea to welcome it. Death shall not be feared by anyone. It is a friend whom I will gladly invite to feast with me, while I would have the sun turning red with grief. It will not shine anymore, but there will be Candace to reanimate it, so the world won't be deprived of its light. Death will sit around my table to blow the horns of victory. I will be bathed with glory. The one of not being as wicked as thee!"

Amul:

"Save thy sinless speeches for tomorrow. I will prepare a banquet for that friend of yours. We will share the laughs at thy cremation, Arthur."

Arthur:

"When a sea leaves its place to rage over the coast, it slaughters whoever meets its way. It does not show mercy. Its only desire is to satisfy its avidity. Then, after causing tragedies, it returns back in place. I doubt you even understand this riddle of mine."

Amul:

"It does indeed return back to its place. However, it is not predictable.
Do not believe thy confidence will be durable.
Thy hope will be shattered like a crystal glass.
It will make noises...
The cries of surrender which our people will be thrilled to hear.
I hope thy serenity won't last."

He turns his head to David's direction.

"Thou hast proved me thy strength and I shall therefore keep my promise to release thee. Now, thou art free!"

David:

"Strength is a virtue that all men should value. But what about my admission to the Kingdom's army?"

Amul:

"Mine army is already abundantly packed with soldiers. I fear that I no longer need an attendant."

Arthur:

David's face turns red with contempt. His shoulders tense up, as Amul opens the door to release his ankles from the shackles. He looks like a porcupine ready to lodge its quills into his enemy's body. His eyes read Amul's wickedness flowing through his veins. He studies it by heart just as I once did. It's his first time tasting Amul's villainy. But I am sure that it won't be the last either.