Part 2 Chapter 37

" make sure you guys get some rest and eat too "

" mom we'll be fine "

Dez and Dj were traveling down south to North Carolina to meet with coaches of Tar Hill.

" baby you just get some rest aight " Dez said kissing Ciara on the head.

Nay was on the way to take care of her since her due time was coming up.

" ugh ok " Ciara said rolling her eyes.

***********
" you ready son "

Dj just shrug his shoulders. His dreams were coming true like he planned.

" I'm nervous " he said

" for what you got the skills all you just need to is get that attitude out the way"

Dj smacked his lip at his father.

" on the real son don't take this shit for granted , it's a blessing to get an offer like this. It's almost as a once in a lifetime thing "

" did you get any offers ? "

" yea but I messed that up by hanging with the wrong crowd "

" pops what did you do ? "

Dj wonder cause he never got the whole story of why he was in jail.

" I was caught with 10 pounds of weed "

Dj eyes went wide.

" I know it sound crazy but to this day  me and bro don't know how it got their in his apartment "

" what did mom think about it "

" remember Dj me and her broke up after that because of my infidelities " Dez said.

" ohhh " Dj sat back in his seat thinking. If his father never went to prison, his parents would be living a fairytale life.

" I regret it everyday " Dez said thinking about the memory.

" you cheated on her " Dj said lowly.

" this girl that I use to mess around with before claim she was having my baby and I told Ciara about that ofcourse that's when things were officially over with her but She never did tell me she was pregnant with you "

Dj felt bad for both of his parents love story.

" but Dj whenever you find that girl treat her with the upmost respect cause I'm pretty sure she'll be one of a kind like your mother. " Dez smiled

For some reason he thought of Nicole.

Yea he is with Candace but she was just temporary.

He knew Nicole almost like forever. She was smart and very artistic. He saw some of the artwork no person have ever done before like she did.

He missed their friendship from the late night talks, to the movie nights, it always seem like they were doing stuff that couples would do but never put a title on it.