Un:One:

"Tegan, get down here! You're going to be late!" My mom called from downstairs.

I got my guitar from my bed, slipped on my shoes, and walked downstairs. Just to annoy my mom, I made sure I took my precious time.

"Oh my gosh, Tegan, hurry up and get in the car." My mom said frustrated.

Good, she better be frustrated. That's what she gets.

The drive to this guy's house was silent. My mom and I never got along, even before my dad died. My dad was a firefighter, and he died in a fire.

"Tegan, I'll pick you at six, okay? Do not go anywhere. And, please, do not drive this guy nuts. I'm paying lots of money for this." she said, once we pulled up to his house.

"Whatever," I muttered, getting out of the car. Looking at this guy's house, I'd say he was pretty rich. His house looked big. It was a grey with a black door. There was a fountain that had flowers surrounding it. There were swings on the porch with a rocking chair. It was pretty cool looking. Why would somebody want to get paid to tutor when they already have money?

I walked to the door and knocked on it. A few seconds later, the door opened to Alex Gaskarth, Jack Barakat's best friend.

It had to be him!

Oh, well, I'd rather have him than Jack.

I groaned. "Is Jack here?"

"No..." Alex said a bit confused.

I sighed in relief. "Good, so are you going to just stand there, or are you going to let me in? This guitar is kind of heavy."

He moved out of the way and led me to his room. Along the way, I said, "Nice house."

"Thanks," he said, like, he heard it a bunch if times.

We finally got to his room. It was the usual boy room. It smelled like dirty socks.

"So..." I started, sitting on his bed.

"Let's get started." he stated, getting his guitar.

Maybe this won't be so bad.

^.^

"No, no, no! Go to the sixth fret!"

"I am there!"

"No, that's not the sixth fret."

"No, wait...no, you're wrong!"

"I'm not wrong! That's the sixth fret."

"No, wait...no...oh, yeah," I realized.

"Let's take a break." Alex announced, frustrated.

"Yes!" I cheered.

The guitar lessons weren't going good so far. If I would do something wrong, he'd get mad at me. If I wasn't holding the string hard enough, he would push my finger on the string hard. I mean, like, dude, take it down a notch! It was just one little mistake. Get over it!

"Let's go downstairs. Practice is over for today." he announced, opening the door.

"Yes!" I cheered again.

^ .^

Sitting on Alex's couch, I was waiting for my mom, who was twenty minutes late.

Typical of mom, I thought.

"So, how's school?" I asked, trying to start a conversation. Alex really didn't talk that much. Either he was a very quiet person, or he didn't want to deal with me. I think its number two.

"Fine," he grumbled.

"Well, someone is a little grumpy." I said in a sing song voice.

"I'm not!" He defended.

"Whatever helps you sleep at night." I teased.

"I'm not! Look-"

The door shut open and revealed Jack Barakat.

"Oh, look, who is here. Hello Katen." Jack said, smirking. My fist curled. I hated my middle name; he was the only one that called me by that.

"Bassam leave me alone. Go back with your playmates." Two can play at this game, Bassam.

"Nah, I don't want to. I like you better." He slipped between me and Alex on the couch.

"So, are you two going out or what?" Bassam asked, propping his legs on the coffee table.

"No!" Alex and I said at the same time.

"Sure, sure, don't worry, I won't tell anybody." he smirked.

"Shut it, Bassam. We're not going out." He was getting more on my nerves.

"Jack, be quiet." said Alex.

"Whatever, Katen." he replied, ignoring Alex.

That was it. I was ready to punch him. But, the doorbell stopped me.

"Finally," I said relieved. I opened the door, hoping it was my mom, and saw it was my mom.

"Hurry up, Tegan." she hissed.

"Thank you, Alexander." She thanked from the door.

Alex gave me my guitar, I thanked him, and started leaving.

"Bye, Katen. I'm going to miss you, darling." Bassam called.

Bassam, you are so going to get it.