Phone calls

Over the course of the next month I had gotten a job cleaning hotel rooms full time, since we were around quite a few resorts it wasn't exactly hard for me. When I wasn't working I was either sleeping or doing my work to keep on my path of graduation. I was a A, B average student and I wanted to keep it that way.

Every pay check I made went straight into my stash I kept hidden in the room at my mother and Phils. They had been kind and let me stay in the guest house so I had my own privacy. Before I inhabited the guest house it was used for storage, this gave both my mother and Phil a reason to clean it out and get rid of some old things they didn't use.

I had my things shipped from Forks and finally had my room set up so it was only a matter of tackeling the nursery when that time came. I already had it planned that when I found out the sex of the baby I would be setting up the second bedroom in the guest house as the nursery. During the first year of the babies life he or she would sleep in a basinet in my room after that year I would slowly wean the infant into its own room.

Laying in my bed I stared at the pictures of my mother and father in their younger years. They seemed so happy so what happened to pull them apart. I immeadiately was reminded of the suffocation of living in Forks. Everyone knew your business, there wasn't much to do, no sun. Those three things made me cringe immeadiately and I wondered how I had even made it more than a year living there.

I was so glad that it was my day off because I didn't think I would be able to make it in today. I was so exhausted, being pregnant took a toll on me. I was nearing the end of my third month in about another few weeks I would know what I was having. It made me nervous, the idea of having a child that I would be responsible for.

I immeadiately saw myself with a baby girl that looked exactly like me in looks. Her pale skin, brown eyes, brown hair. What would I name her? Bella Renee? Sarah Bella? Sarah Bella Renee? Sarah Renee? So many idea's.

I was pretty sure I would have laid in bed all day if it wasn't for my phone ringing constantly. It was charging across the room which I now regret because in order to make it stop I'd have to get up. As I rose to my feet I wondered what my mother wanted, only she had my new number so it couldn't be anyone else.

I looked at the caller ID as I picked up my phone and easily recognized the number. It was Jake. I took a deep breath before I accepted the call.

"Jake." I said plainly.

"Bella what would you say to me coming to Florida?" He asked me.

I quickly moved to sit down as a wave of vertigo hit me. "I don't know hw to answer that." I replied. "I am barely getting my mind on the track it needs to be." I said as I pulled my hair away from my face.

"Well I'm here." He said with a nervous chuckle.

"Where is here?" I said quickly.

I heard him hang up and then the door to the guest house open. In the next second he was standing in the door way to my bedroom. "Here" He added.

Jake was standing in my bedroom, here in Jacksonville. This was unexpected, relieving but at the same time unwanted. Very slowly I rose to my feet, my arms tight across my chest.

"Why are you here?" I asked as I move a step closer.

He raised his eyebrow at me. "You honestly have no idea do you?" he asked me.

I inclined my head. "About?"

"Our parents think it would be best if we were together." He said slowly. "My father, your father, your mom and even step dad are pushing us together. They got me out here. We are apparently supposed to get married or something." he said shrugging his shoulders.

"So you are only here because of our parents, not because you want to be." I replied.

"Pretty much." he said quickly as he nodded his head.

"Then go home, I don't need you here and I most definitely don't want you here if you don't want to be." I walked forward and pushed him. He was like a stone wall, he barely budged. "I can do this on my own."

"Bella..." He began.

"Get Out!" I shrieked before I went to slap his face.

Jake shocked me when he caught my arm when it was inches from his face. "Give me a second to redeem myself okay." he said before he let my hand fall to my side. "I- I want to be here for you. I'm terrified at this whole father thing so I can only imagine how you are." He began. "Just let me help take care of you."

I placed my hand on my stomach thinking about the small baby growing inside me. "You are either here all the way or you are gone. I don't want my son or daughter growing up with a broken family. I- I don't want to end up like my parents."

Jake nodded his head. "I'm here all the way."

My father had called later that night but I ignored his calls. He then resorted to calling my mother which I only knew because she kept trying to get me to return his calls. I was angry at him for going behind my back and sending Jake out here without my knowledge. Not only my father but my mother and step father as well. They all knew about this and didn't tell me.

When I would get past the anger I had no idea but I wasn't going to let it bring me down in my mood. Well it couldn't exactly get any lower then it was but still. Several of my friends had been trying to contact me on my facebook page. They were worried and constantly posting on my wall wondering where I was. Those that weren't exactly more than acquaintences had started a rumor that I had gotten mauled by a bear or something while hiking.

This rumor came about when one of my school mates saw my father at the diner upset. They heard my father talking about me being gone and translated that to me being dead. Where the bear and hiking came in I have no idea I just knew I wasn't dead. I quickly updated my status so everyone would shut up.

A month of being a Floridian and the only thing I have grown used to is the sun. This time change is killing me.

Not even a second after I updated my status had it already gotten a comment. It was Jessica, of course.

OMG! Bella we all thought you were dead! Where are you!

Did she not know what a Floridian was?

I'm in Florida living with my mother. I have work tomorrow so I will talk to you later. 

Before she could respond I quickly signed off. I wasn't in the mood for rehashing the past. At some point during the avoided conversation I was confident she would bring up he who shall not be named. I didn't want to reopen those wounds, especially when they hadn't exactly healed.

I stowed away my laptop just in time for Jake to walk into the house. He came over to the couch where I was sitting and sat beside me.

"So the wedding." he began.

"What about it?" I said as I folded my hands in my lap.

"Our parents are pooling together some money for us to have a small wedding, family only."

Great exactly what I wanted, a forced marriage. I knew regardless this was going to happen. No matter how much I objected it was happening. Did I really want to live the rest of my life with him though. Would we turn out like my parents a few years down the road?

I rose to my feet and headed to the bedroom. When Jake asked where I was going I mentioned that I had work tomorrow, which wasn't a lie. He then mumbled something about work and sprawled out across the couch. Before I closed the door I heard his snores. How did he fall asleep so quickly?

As I laid in bed I thought of my future. Would I be a good wife? What did wives do? Take care of the children, I was okay with children even though I was never crazy about them. Cook, I did that back at Charlies. Clean, I did that as well. I guess I could be a good wife. What about a good mom? What made a good mother?