The Monster of Morningstar

Start from the beginning

His gang, which was named GG-Justice and whose logo decorated Duke's forearm, was already more than feared among Morningstar's Afroamerican and LGBT communities. Their riots already had several casualties. Duke already killed a man too; it was the gang's "acceptance ceremony".

"C'mon, blacks and fags, where are you?" he muttered, his speech slightly slurred because of the alcohol in his head. "Uncle Duke is looking for some fun..."

The street was completely abandoned. Duke didn't mind and went further.

Suddenly, something moved at the end of the street.

Duke smiled and armed himself with a brass knuckle. He no longer cared about the victim's skin color or sexual orientation - he felt like beating up someone and he was willing to do it at all cost. He started to walk faster so the figure wouldn't be able to escape him.

But after a few seconds, something made him stop. The shadowy figure also stopped moving; it was like it was daring Duke to move closer, intimidating him. At that moment, Duke felt something he didn't feel before - fear. He started to shiver and just stood there like pertified.

The figure started to move forward and Duke noticed that it didn't look like a human being. Its sihlouette was somehow hunched, distorted, and it was limping heavily. Duke stood there as the terror in him grew stronger. He tried to reach for his gun, but the fear completely disabled him.

The dark being began to groan and snarl. Duke's bladder spontaneously emptied, leaving him with a wet circle on his pants. The man yowled and started to cry - the fear was overwhelming and the monster kept coming closer. Duke finally regained some control, but it wasn't enough to draw the gun and shoot the being. Instead, he turned away and started running as fast as possible while screaming like a girl.

>><<

Serenity Square, the next day

"C'mon, Dante, sit!" Diane pointed her finger at the puppy.

Dante came closer, sniffed the finger and began to lick it. "Oh god," Diane sighed. "He's adorable, but completely useless."

Alexis laughed. "Dee, he's several weeks old. He's not able to learn this stuff yet; we have to feed him well and play with him. We can train him when he grows older."

"I've always wanted a dog," Diane said. "But this is not a dog. This is a ball of fluff which can only eat, roam around the house and do nothing productive."

"Just like you," Alexis noted.

Diane laughed. "Well, I asked for this one."

Dante lost interest in Diane, raised his rear leg and casually peed on the carpet.

"On the other hand, I can't wait to teach him how to use the litter," Alexis grumbled and left the room to get the cleaning equipment. She returned, kneeled in front of the puddle and began to scrub it. "Sometimes I feel like the only owner of the dog," she continued. "I have to do all the cleaning and all the hard work?"

"All?" Diane frowned. "I cleaned his piss... once. Then I washed him two times."

"During two weeks. The dog comes with a big responsibility, Dee! You can't expect me to do everything while you'll just cuddle with him."

Diane shrugged. "What about Annie? She also does pretty much nothing."

Alexis sighed. "Let me remind you two things. One, Annie doesn't even live with us. And two, if you haven't noticed yet, she's on a wheelchair. She can't just kneel down and clean the mess."

Dante yowled several times and looked at both girls, like he knew that he's the cause of the argument. Alexis grabbed him and squeezed him in her arms. "Of course I can't blame you for anything, Danny," she said. "You're not responsible for the fact that my sister is awfully lazy."