The paralyzed girl blushed even more. "Let's not talk about it any further, okay?"

"I'm sorry," Diane said, "but as soon I see something worth mocking, I mock it." The girls had a good laugh while Alexis, still in the living room, was full of worries. Kyle wasn't the only cloud on her mind.

She was also thinking about the prophecy of Elizabeth Abraham which she received just a week ago. Beware of the book. Alexis loved books. But the blind girl's words mentioned the book in singular. One particular book. Which one? Will she figure it out before it's too late?

When the time comes, losing lives will be inevitable. And your love comes with a high cost.

Time? Time for what? Alexis started to feel more and more depressed. Who will be that inevitable sacrifice? Her? Diane? And what about the verse about her love? She probably knew the meaning, but she refused to admit that. She started to play with the crystal cross in her hand; it calmed her down a little.

Diane returned after several minutes, laughing. She had a good old "roast war" with Anna which involved innocent insulting of each other. "At least someone has a good mood today," Alexis noted. "Did she find anything about Kyle and his trial?"

"Nothing too interesting," Diane replied. "Come on, sis. Cheer up!"

"I'm okay, I just need a little time alone," Alexis said. "My mind is still plagued by Kyle and Elizabeth's second prophecy. I have a bad feeling it won't be a bad guy dying this time."

Diane nodded. "Yeah, that prophecy is creepy for sure... but we shouldn't worry about it until we have the context. Maybe it will be something completely innocent, what can you know? Lex, you live in the future and that causes constant worrying. I know I sound like an energy drink ad, but you should enjoy the moment."

Alexis sighed. "Maybe you're right. I think too much."

"I've been thinking too much, help me!" Diane started to sing and Alexis had no choice but to smile. After a few minutes with Diane, she was feeling better. Until someone knocked at the door. She stood up and opened, expecting another client who'd distract her from her thoughts. But there were three police officers.

"Alexis and Diane Warren?" one of them said. "You're going with us. You're accused of murder."

>><<

"This has to be some really. Terrible. Mistake," Diane said for the seventh time in the police car. It was a strange feeling, riding in the car while handcuffed, under loathing gazes of the police officers.

"If you don't remember," Alexis noted, "we saved lots of people during the Festival of Founding by stopping a dangerous maniac. And now you think we could be capable of commiting a murder?"

The policeman behind the steering wheel, the oldest of the trio, shrugged. "We have some evidence and I was told to bring Alexis and Diane Warren. I'm sorry, girls, but I'm only doing my job. If my opinion mattered, you don't look like criminals to me. But we already had some weird cases."

"You tell me about weird cases," Diane muttered.

"We need to speak to officer Lafayette," Alexis said. "Please. It's our right."

"You have right to shut up," said the officer next to the driver, a young man with a fashionable hairstyle and sunglasses, and laughed like he just told the joke of the century. "Do you think that lesbian chick will be able to help you? Nah, you're going to jail. At least the convicts will have something to play with."

"Shut up, Jack!" the third officer, a redhead woman in her thirties, scolded him. "These girls may be right - even we make mistakes. They may be innocent. And don't insult Alyssa, since she's a better officer than you'll ever be. You should really have some respect, Jack."