Tonight

I was sitting with Carter and we were talking about.....life.

"So you and Darren are dating." I sighed and nodded slowly. I took a sip of my margarita and stirred the little umbrella around.

"Sometimes I wish that I could be alone for once, no worries. I'm just scared I will get hurt again. " Even if Darren was a vampire and I was his mate, I would still be scared if I get hurt.

"I understand........I mean after the whole Sam thing. " Carter said looking down.

"You want pizza" I tried to change the topic to something he would love.

"Sure." We got up and walked into the beach house. Matt was in the kitchen eating a sandwich.

"Hi" Matt waved at me, I understood he had food in mouth. Carter nodded his head and Matt nodded back.

I took out the pizza and put it in the microwave. Matt threw away his food and sat back at the counter.

"So whats up you too?" Carter shook his head at Matt.

"She trying to get me a date with her cheerleader friend.....not going well......" I rolled my eyes and took out the pizza.

"You just met her. Calm down" I told him taking a big bite out of my pizza.

Carter sighed and sat next to Matt. Matt looked at me, his eyes were like staring at the sky. I quickly turned away.

Matt's P.O.V

I've been depressed a lot lately. Not being able to see my best friend/crush. Asher told me to stay away from her or he was going to hurt me bad.

I'm not scared of him I just hate drama, so I let it be. When Izzy toldme I was invited to hang out at the beach house I got happy. She said Anna wanted me to come.

I kept wondering if Anna would say hi to me but she didn't.  She got to caught up with Darren. I really hate that guy. Anna couldn't take her eyes off him when she met him.

It pissed me off that he liked her the same way. I wanted her, I just thought she wouldn't date me but now I know.

I was eating a sandwich when Anna and Carter came in. Anna finally said hi to me so I waved. They were in here eating pizza and crap.

We were talking about some girl Carter liked but all I could think about was Anna. I remembered she never answered my question.

"Well what about you Anna" I said as cool as I could. I don't know how I managed all these years being only friends.

"Nothing much, just stupid teenage stuff" She laughed. I wonder what stuff she was referring to.

"Thats cool" She laughed,  her laugh was perfect. It made me smile.

"Whats so funny" Asher had walked in and stood next to Anna.

"Nothing just talking with Matt and Carter, you know how they are." Carter rolled his eyes which made Anna punch him playfully in the arm.

"Is that so.." He started to come and give her a hug. Anna backed away.

"No, no, no, your wet and I just got dry" Carter started to jump up and down.

"HUG!!!!" Carter screamed and ran up to Anna. Asher grabbed her and gave her a hug, Anna started to shake after the hug. I rolled my eyes at their stupidity.

I got out thd chair and walked out thd kitchen. One day I will have a chance with her. One day.

Darren's P.O.V