|the third kiss|

"What?" The three of them looked at us incredulously. "What a coincidence," Lucy remarked and I nodded, "I know right."

"Do you guys wanna come over to my house after school? My mom's having a mini housewarming party," Jasper looked around the table. "Ok!" Lucy replied excitedly while the others nodded their heads eagerly. "How bout you neighbour?" Jasper turned to me. "Sure, why not. There's gonna be food," I wiggled my brows playfully.

"You didn't peg me as a foodie," Jasper mused and I stuck out my tongue before continuing with my lunch.

As the guys went to get their lunch, Lucy nudged my elbow. "You and Jasper huh..." She gave me a knowing smile. Wait...knowing? "There's nothing going on between us," I defended. "Ouch, you're gonna hide it from your bestie?" Lucy dramatically wiped her non-existent tears. "Pfft... Stop," I tried to hold back my laughter.

"I saw that under-table kick. What's going on?" Lucy asked, her eyes shining with excitement. Here goes...

"What?!" Lucy gasped and I had to put my hand over her mouth to muffle her voice. "Shh..." I murmured just as the three guys walked back to the table.

"Act normal," I said under my breath as Lucy whispered, "I can see something brewing."

"What were you girls talking about?" Dylan asked after they sat down.

"Oh its nothing, we were just chatting about random stuff" Lucy answered innocently. "So... I heard there's a swimming competition around the corner?" Lucy changed the topic quickly.

"Yep. It is supposed to be an inter-school thing," Lucas explained. "Are you in the swim team?" I asked Lucas, confused. "Lucas' the swim team's captain," Dylan answered for his friend. "Oh..." I nodded my head understandingly. "You're in football aren't you?" I asked Dylan and he nodded.

"How about you? Are you intending to join anything?" I asked Jasper. He shrugged. "I'm still deciding between basketball and swimming."

We continued chatting about various topics until the bell, signalling the end of lunch, rang.

*

"Welcome to my humble abode," Jasper gestured us into his house. I was marvelled by the sight when I stepped through the threshold. I could see the resemblance in our houses structure and all, but it looks entirely different from my own's.

I looked around the house, the interior looked like it was a cut out from an interior design magazine. From the living room to the kitchen, everything was consistently designed and the different colours complemented each other harmoniously. Columns had been installed in certain corners of the house, which were absent in mine and large paintings hung on empty walls.

"Why are you gaping like a gold fish?" Jasper commented beside me. "It looks so different," I wondered. "Renovations took quite a while," he told me as I saw a middle-aged lady make her way down the stairs. Her movements were graceful and you can tell that she pays attention to her dressing, but overall, she had a friendly vibe to her.

"Mom, they are my friends from school," Jasper introduced each of us to his mother who gave us warm smiles in return. "Hi Mrs West," I greeted her politely as the rest followed suit. "There's no need to be so formal, you can call me Rachel," she said, her smile never leaving her face. Mom was right, she was friendly indeed.

"You must be Helen's daughter?" Rachel turned to me. I nodded my head, a little surprised that she could recognise me. "You look just like your mother," she commented before turning to the rest of the group. "Are you all hungry?"

A few nopes could be heard from the rest while I shook my head.

"Alright, do make yourselves at home while I prepare for the party," Rachel ushered us up the stairs despite us volunteering to help out. 

*

Jasper's room was clean, surprisingly. Books were lined neatly on the shelves and his study table was even neater than mine. His walls were painted a navy blue,  and his ceilings, white. 

I was looking around Jasper's room when Lucas' words brought my attention to him.

"What should we do now?"

"Let's play a game," Lucy suggested and all of us agreed. "How about the cliche truth and dare?" 

"Okay!" The rest of us agreed excitedly and sat in a circle while Jasper went to get a glass bottle.

*

"Ok, I'll start first," Dylan smirked and spun the bottle. The bottle came to a stop and the mouth of it pointed at Lucas. 

"So...truth or dare?" Dylan wiggled his brows at his friend.

"Dare," Lucas answered. "Use your butt and trace out a word, if we cannot guess it, you have to go again," Dylan told him his dare and Lucas stood up with a shrug. "Here goes..." His words trailed off as he started to move his butt in the direction of the letters. 

A...S...S...H...O...L...E?

The rest of us held back our smiles and looked at one another. All of us had the same plan in mind. 

"Uh...Lucas? Would you mind doing it again? I didn't catch it," I voiced out, looking at him innocently as the rest tried to hold their laughters. 

"Are you serious?" He slumped his shoulders and was about to perform his dare again when all of us broke out, laughing. "Asshole, we got it," I laughed, clutching my stomach. 

Lucas narrowed his eyes at me playfully before returning to sit on his spot. 

This time, it was Lucas' turn to spin the bottle and it landed on Lucy. Oohhh... I mentally wolf whistled. 

"Truth or dare?" Lucas turned to Lucy and held her attention. I could almost swear there were sparks. "Truth," she said. 

"Hmm...any crushes?" He asked  and Lucy blushed. I had to contain my smile. This whole 'being shy' thing doesn't really suit my best friend. 

"Yeah," she answered, trying to sound casual. I could tell that she was trying to steady her voice. The boys raised their brows in curiosity and I was a little worried for my friend. If Lucy chooses 'truth' again, they were going to ask her who her crush was. 

"My turn." Lucy spun the bottle and this time, it landed on me. Lucy had a mischievous smile on her face. Oh god. 

"Truth or dare," she wiggled her brows. "Uh... dare?" I answered uncertainly as I bit my lip. Lucy looked around the room and returned her attention to me. "Kiss the person opposite you," she told me.

I turned to look at who was sitting opposite me and my jaw dropped. "Come on," Jasper gave me a wink and I rolled my eyes as I walked over to him. 

He stood up, towering over me and I had to stand on my tip toes to give him a peck on the cheek. Before I pulled back, I heard Jasper whisper something in my ear. "Gummy bears."