Yellow

SONG OF THE SHOT:
Angel With A Shotgun - The Cab

➰➰➰

With a glimmering tear on her red and ruddy cheek, Marinette sat in a crumpled heap on her floor. "Please," the girl defeatedly whispered, "Send me protection from the pain and suffering." She was at her wits end with the teasing and pestering brought upon by her fellow classmates. No one was strong enough to be her ally, so they either verbally abused her, or let it happen without so much as a word. Numbly, Marinette slipped into a succumbing slumber there on the cold floor of her bedroom. 

When she awoke, there was a resident warmth splayed on her back. Marinette relished in it, using it as an excuse to sleep for another hour, inevitably deciding to skip school for the day. She could deal with her troubles tomorrow. Upon feeling the sensation of a puff of breath, Marinette shot upward, glancing behind her. A young fellow clad in black leather and cat ears cuddled on her rug. As odder things had happened to her, she shrugged, allowing herself to lay down, and the mystery boy to wrap her in another solacing hug.

By the time she had slept in until near noon, she realized her personal heater had been long since gone, leaving a cold breeze in his wake. Disappointment that the black cat had been a dream set in her jaw, grinding at her teeth. "Ah, you're awake!"

A figure had emerged from her connecting bathroom, startling the girl. "Who are you?" she queried, finding the present to be a good time to receive answers. "Chat Noir, your guardian angel." he said as he moved to seat himself on the edge of her unkempt bed. "A black angel? That's new." she snickered, standing up and stretching, allowing her bones to pop, releasing tension from snoozing on a hard surface all night. "So, what can I help you with, Princess?"

"Drop the Princess. I don't deserve cutesy pet names."

"My sight would beg to differ. You're quite the cutie."

"Are you asking to be sucker punched?"

"If I might preference flavor, I'm not much into red candy."

Caught off guard, Marinette paused, realizing Chat had misinterpreted her words. What a dingus. "Luckily for you, all I happen to have is red candy, so you're going to have to deal."

"Why are you so angry with me?"

Cleaning up skewed clothing, she began to hang up her clothes back into her closet, tidying for her newfound guest. She had wished for protection, did she not? She had. And if this annoying little dark angel was her answer, Marinette was going to make the best of it all. "I'm sorry for the attitude, Chat Noir. I'm just not in a good headspace from the bullying I endure during classes, that's all." she admitted, her back turned to him and her arms buried in her deep closet.

Without her knowledge, he had crept up behind her, reaching out to embrace her in a loving hug. Wordlessly, he let his fingers draw sweet circles on her hips, his mouth delivering a few light kisses to her neck. "Wear that dress to the left. Meet me outside in ten minutes, Princess." Hearing the whoosh of dark wings expand and propel, Marinette followed his orders, dressing herself and uncharacteristically tying a pink ribbon in her half-up half-down hairstyle. She slipped on black flats and headed out the door. 

The combination of the yellow sundress and her natural beauty floored the black angel. He reached out his clawed hand, allowing her to take it at her will. 

"Let's fly away, my darling."