Chapter Seventeen

Start from the beginning

"In sixth with 37 points on the board is Venomguard!" The five members' suddenly flicker onto the screen, standing with crossed arms and looks of disappointment and annoyance on their features. "Despite some pretty strong battles, they has seems to lose interest since the forfeit of Thundering Fenrir, the guild many called their rivals!" Yekai, Sativa and Chrino in front, with Kyv and Veno standing slightly back.

"Lamia Scale having fallen to fifth, with 42 points to their emblem. But they can easily build up their points during todays' all out battle of strength and intelligence!" Jura, Lyon, Toby, Yuka and Sherry all standing in almost a semi circle with determination. Chelia given permission to sit out and aid with a recently woken up Wendy, who is still weak with a little amount of magic.

"With fourty five points, we have Blue Pegasus! Can they possibly raise their placement even higher during this all-day battle!?" Ren, Eve, Jenny and Ichiya huddled around  Hibiki whose recovered, and has his archive magic up, the golden screen not visible to anyone through the blurred sight on the Lacrima vision. 

"In third, jumping up from a rough beginning to the week de to Kagura's battle with Valvia, is Mermaid Heel with 46 points!" Milianna, Ariana, Beth, Risley and Kagura appearing on the screens.

"So far holding the silver medal is Sabertooth with a very close score of 47!" Sting, Rogue, Yukino, Orga and Rufus flickering onto the screen. Sting waving, Yukino smiling, Rufus tilting his hat and Orga staring off somewhere into the distance. Rogue slight standing back with narrowed eyes.

"And currently in first with a massive fifty five points, is Fairy Tail!" Natsu, Gajeel, Laxus, Erza and Gray appearing on the screen with grins and subtle smirks. Natsu's fist pumping into the air.

"Go Sting-kun!" Lector cheers, jumping in the air and waving his paws. "Come'on Frosche, Lighten up! Let's just cheer for them now alright?" Frosche slowly nods his head and smiles faintly in return.

"Fro cheer for Rogue..." Frosche mutters sadly, raising his gaze towards the large lacrima screen ahead of them, which is flickering between the six different teams. The two exceeds of Sabertooth stood beside Pantherlily, Happy and Carla - who only agreed to watch to tell Wendy everything.

And due to another frightening trail of images. Blood, cries and an unidentifiable, green furred exceed bloodied on the floor, limp.

"To think that could've been us... Yo, Master, can we sign up again next year?" Nata questions, tightening the baubles of her twin tails and smoothing out the short skirt that couldn't even be classes as clothing.

"If you guys want too, i'll ensure that it happens. But, deciding who will be on the team will be your choice entirely, others might want to participate instead of you, you'know that right?" Chiko replies, rubbing the sweat off his forehead.

"Awwh. Can't we just replace the three spaces that opened up?" Shinju joins in.

"We can't just replace them baka!" Coa grumbles. "Those three can never be replaced, and its only fair that we all give up next year allow the others to have a go. Even if I barely got a chance to properly show myself off." The last part, grumbled.

"Each team, has been given a specific monument, one of the eight that are scattered around Crocus - yes you've guessed them! The Eight statues of Fiore!" Chapati once again announces throughout the stadium. "Two however, will not be used anymore and off-limits!"

"What does he mean off limits?" Happy asks to no-one in particular.

"The eight statues of Fiore are all stone statue's around Crocus that symbolise an important place within the country, or even a specific time or future premonition." Minerva answers quite confidently, scaring Happy in the process, her eyes locked on the screens. Thankfully, the exceeds from Fairy Tail opted to stand on the wall in the Sabertooth stands.