Chapter 4

3rd person

The sun rose quick and a bright light peered through y/n's window as it lit up one side of her face, her eyes slowly opened to reveal her bedroom at the orphanage, it was her final day there. She turned her head to the door and, just beside it, were a few bags filled with her belongings.

Now that her sister had turned 21, she could legally move to another place, taking y/n with her.

Great! She thought, no more having to explain to people why she was in an orphanage, why she hadn't been adopted or taken into a foster home. Well the truth was, she never wanted to leave the orphanage, because she knew that as soon as her sister aged 21, she would be going to another place to study, although she had no idea which place until about 3 weeks ago. However, Derry didn't sound too bad and ever since her mother killed herself and her father left her, she was certain she would go with her sister, to avoid this awful place and the horrid memories it holds.

This town to her was not home, in fact it may as well be the opposite, her only friend isn't what you would call the BEST friend, she gets bullied, doesn't do well in school and almost every adult who walks by her either think she's extremely depressed, feel bad for her or just move away.

Bringing up memories would occasionally bring tears to her eyes and it hurt, it hurt a lot. Sometimes she would write her feelings down in a small diary but she lost it a while ago and hasn't written anything to do with emotions down since.

So this was it. Tomorrow she would leave, away from this dreaded town in which she's been trapped for the last 16 years. Almost alone for the last 11. Only a 5 year old girl when her mother took her own life and her father gave her away, let's just say she's never been really 'happy' with her life.

Y/N got out of bed, making it neatly as she wouldn't be sleeping here tonight-instead she would be camping out with Layla for the final time. She thought of the very few good parts of her life as she straightened the sheet and got dressed.

The teen brushed her teeth and hair before grabbing her things and heading out to school. On the way to school, she passed the old tree that every couple ever from this small town had carved their initials into.

Taking out a small knife that she put in her bag yesterday, she carved her initials into the bark of the old tree, she added a plus but left a space next to it, hoping that maybe another person would recognise the letters as her name and put theirs next to it. It had always been a dream of hers, to lay beneath the tree and look up at the sky, her head resting on her partner's shoulder as they lay the opposite way, both looking into the sky and thinking, not of anything specific but just thinking. But from what she could tell, that day would never come.

Y/N walked past many old, ruined buildings and some newer ones that were completely useless before she reached the school grounds, the smell of burnt 'something' hit her like a truck as she followed a narrow path to her homeroom, even when she was early, y/n would usually rock up at homeroom and wait for it to open- just to avoid Henry and every bitch in the school, which was difficult because there was plenty of them.

***

Strangely enough, Henry wasn't at school today. The day went pretty fast because it was a Thursday and no one really cared about Thursdays. Y/N didn't tell anyone but Layla that today was her last day, mainly because no once cared, but also so that they wouldn't annoy Layla or bully her when she left.

Layla and y/n strolled home together, to keep safe from Henry and his gang.

"Wait!" Y/N yelled as she ran towards the tree, "I wrote something on here earlier and I wanted to see if anyone wrote anything." she, smiling with happiness for the first time in ages, searched the tree with Layla watching behind her.

"There!" She gleefully pointed to her initials, next to them, were the letters 'H.B', the smile from her face faded as she realised who they belonged to, along with this she also realised something, her cheeks went bright red and butterflies filled her stomach.

She was in love with Henry Bowers.

Y/N was in love with HENRY BOWERS!

She couldn't believe it, actually she could, but she didn't want to.

By this time Layla had already noticed her red face and unusually large pupils.

"You love him, don't you." she smirked and crossed her arms.

"Y-yes, I'm so s-sorry.." y/n looked down, feeling horrible as Henry had bullied her friend for as long as she could remember.

"That's okay." Layla faked a smile, but it wasn't, it wasn't at all okay.

Okay guys so I wrote this chapter in 3rd person which I found out I am a lot better at! Please comment for me to add stuff into this chapter as I will be editing if for the next few hours! Anyway should I continue to write in 3rd person? Since I find it easier.
-M
-#
928 words