Knives and Hearts- JtK X Reader Ch. 8 (End)

~~~~Jeff's POV~~~~

Jeff watched in horror as the life ebbed from (y/n)'s body. All lust forgotten instantly. His hand shook as he dropped the knife as if it were a snake, looking sorrowfully in disdain at it a few moments before dragging his eyes back to (y/n)'s face. He couldn't believe what he was seeing, what he'd done. He had promised himself he would never hurt her. He had gone out of his way to go out and kill anytime he even had the slightest urge.

A voice snickered in his head "You really thought this could last? Idiot. We don't love people. We hurt them. We put them to sleep. I told you before that you'd kill her eventually." It cackled insanely.

Jeff wished he could squeeze his eyes shut. He wanted to block out that voice. He punched the wall behind her bed repeatedly, so hard there was a dent in the plaster and when he drew his hand away his knuckles were ripped up a bit and blood was starting to ooze from them onto his near white skin. He ignored it then grabbed the sides of his head, gripping at his coal black hair as he sobbed. How had he not realized what he was doing, he thought to himself.

"I did it, of course. We didn't need her." The voice sneered.

Jeff sat there like that for a few minutes. Not even sure what to do. His teeth clenched so hard they began to hurt, but he ignored it as well. He felt so much rage at himself all he wanted to do was go out and start a massace...or kill himself. Then maybe the voices would stop. He stared blankly at (Y/n)'s body, watching the blood drip slowly from the corners of her mouth and down her chin. Her (e/c) eyes were still open wide in an expression of agony, an empty unending accusing stare. He reached over and brushed her (h/l), (h/c) hair from her face and brushed her eyes shut gently, holding his hand against her soft (s/c) cheek. Her skin was already getting cold. He leaned down and kissed her cool, blood soaked lips softly.

He wanted so badly to lay there next to her and sleep, perhaps this was only a dream. He hoped desperately that it was. But deep down he knew the truth. She was gone. And now he was alone again. And he would have to leave before too long lest be found out.

He looked at (Y/n), she looked a little less in agony now that her eyes were closed, but the coagulating blood welling up on her throat and her mouth still agape made it hard to bear looking at her, yet he had to, or it felt as if she would disappear. For a moment he was tempted to cut a smile similar to his into her cheeks, but he couldn't bring himself to harm her body more. She was beautiful even without his unending smile.

After a while he finally got up, re-dressed, and walked to her bathroom, wetting a cloth and bringing it out to clean as much of the blood from her neck and mouth as possible. He had even grabbed a shirt from her drawer, one she had stated as one of her favorites, and lifted her body up as he took the blood soaked one she was wearing off, replacing it with that one. He shook the entire time, glancing down at his hands as they got covered with her blood and hating himself. He couldn't bear the thought that her blood, her life, was on his hands now.

he set a clean throw blanket under her so she was no longer laying in a drying pool of her own blood and pulled her comforter up over her, shifting her so that she looked simply like she was sleeping in her bed. He looked despairedly down at her finally and brought his lips down to hers one final time. "Goodbye, my love. Sleep well." He whispered as a tear streaked down his cheek.

He turned after a long look at her, grabbing his knife with a disgusted look, and headed to the window, pulling it open and slipping out.

Jeff gripped his knife hard as he slipped through the neighborhood, angeer at himself welling up inside him with every step he took until his rage was so strong he had to unleash it on something. He found a blue sided house a few blocks away from (Y/n)'s and slunk in...

~The next day~

News Report: "Last night was a particularly grousome night for the town of (Y/t). There were a total of 12 homicides in a span of about 3 hours and the killer is still at large. There have been a series of murders in the vicinity off and on for the past month or so but last night's was the record largest number of killings this area has ever seen. The police are hard a work searching everywhere and patrolling the streets on a regular basis to make sure no more killings occur. The police department has issued a warning to all residents: Please lock all doors and windows securely, as the murders tend to happen at night. Do not go out alone, and if you hear anything suspicious, call the department immediately. There was also one other murder, or at least they believe it was a murder, as they are still investiagating it. One (Y/n) was found in her bed, throat slit open. It seemed she was killed differently than the others, making it questionable if it was the same suspect. More will be reported as information becomes public so stay tuned."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~END~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Edit: The fact that this has to be said is sad. For those who want to comment complaints saying that it shouldnt have ended that way, think about real world. He is a homicidal psychotic. Theres no REALISTIC way this would have a happy ending. He is not mentally stable...And if you dislike it so vehemently go find another fanfic or write your own. I write for myself not the whims of others.)