Review: Lost

Reviewed by: jash_parikh

We will start your review in a specific order...

Cover: Neither the background nor the title make sense like this. "A taffish story" is supposed to be written when the story is about/ is relevant to some universe known as taffish not when the story is BY taffish. When you say taffish it looks more like an adjective describing the story rather than a name. For this you get 0.4/1.

Title: Creates a sense of mystery, but since your cover is so vague it does not at all explain anything about the book. Heck if I didn't see the tag short story I'd probably think of it as a poetry book. For this you get 0.65/1.

Description: This is by no means a description. The one line description does no at all suite either book or cover, and I am so confused right now what this book is actually about! I'm sorry but I don't consider what you have written to be description at all. So far the only sense that your book has made was when you said 'Constructive criticism is appreciated". How true it is, we shall see. For this you get 0.05/1. ( I DON'T CONSIDER I HAVE ANY CONTENT TO RATE, AND TRUST ME I'M NOT EVEN BEING HARSH HERE.)

Beginning: The prologue was the first thing that was both relevant to the story and make sense, and boy did I love it! You style of writing is superb and so is your command over the language. There were hardly any grammar errors that I could notice and from there on, I felt I should definitely read this story. The first chapter had some silly grammar mistakes like using articles 'a' and 'the' in place of each other at times; but that can be ignored. The plot transported me to a new, dark place that was both intriguing and intimidating at the same time. I will only tell you here that if you concentrate a bit more on realism simultaneously it would be great. What I mean is you have used incredibly good vocabulary and an enhanced writing style, but you have done it so much so that it doesn't sound real, doesn't quite play like a movie in my mind like it should. Your writing is great, but make it a bit more relate-able. For this you get 1.6/2.

Your total score is: 2.7/5.

THIS BOOK HAS BEEN JUDGED MODERATELY, NEITHER TOO HARSHLY NOR TOO LENIENTLY. FOR ANY QUESTIONS OR QUERIES FEEL FREE TO PM ME.