Letting out a heavy breath, Frank shuffled in to the kitchen, finding no one. Not even Mikey, who was usually seated at the table on his phone. Though, could he couldn't expect people to be in the same places all of the time.

Suddenly, a voice sounded behind him, causing him to jump before spinning on his heel.

"There's sleeping beauty." Gerard chuckled, seemingly in a better mood. That alone made Frank smile widely, at the fact that his friend looked to be as if he was feeling alright.

"And here comes Snow White." He retorted, looking at Gerard, who raised an eyebrow as he sat down on the floor, resting back against the arm of the sofa. "Because your hair is shoulder length and black, like hers in the Disney movie." Frank continued, answering his friend's unspoken question. Gerard nodded, bringing his knees to his chest and hugging his legs. "So..." Frank muttered, walking to stand in front of Gerard in the living room. But, he didn't get a chance to talk because Mikey wandered in, a small smile present on his features.

"Hey." He greeted. "Cancel any plans you've got-"

"Why?" Frank interrupted, folding his arms.

"We're performing at a concert in two days. I'd get packing if I were you. It takes at least twenty hours to get there."

"Don't we get a s-say in this?" Gerard stuttered, rising to his feet next to Frank.

Mikey sighed, scratching the back of his head awkwardly. "Sorry brother, it's already booked, we thought you guys wouldn't mind..."

"We?" Frank queried.

"Me. . . Ray, Bob, Brian." He said quietly, shifting his weight to his other foot. "We're going to the New Orleans, by the way. We'll only be there a couple of days, don't worry."

Frank nodded, not uttering another word as he went past the younger Way brother and up the stairs, Gerard at his heels - which wasn't really like him. But he wasn't complaining.

Of course, Frank didn't mind performing. It was the short notice that he wasn't very fond of. Also -being a band- they were supposed to make the decisions together. They were supposed to communicate well amongst each other, not spring information on one another.

Tapping Frank gently on the shoulder, Gerard spoke up behind him, "I-I'm not... I don't want to-do we have to go- I mean, I don't feel comfortable going u-up on stage right now."

It crushed Frank to see his friend nervous. "Why? You were okay a couple of weeks ago. In fact, you the most eager out of all of us." He replied, not understanding his behaviour. "What's changed?"

Gerard hesitated, opening his mouth to speak, but no words came out. Instead, he shook his head, turning away from Frank. "It doesn't matter..." He breathed, scratching the palm of his hand.

Grabbing Gerard's arm, Frank stopped him from going any further. He swore he heard the boy whimper as they made contact.

"Please Frank.." He whispered, refusing to look him in the eyes as he slowly pulled his arm away.

A frown formed on Frank's lips. "You know, Gee, if something's bothering you, if something's the matter, you can tell me."

Gerard nodded, "everything's fine. I swear." He flashed an unconvincing smile, eyes dead, then turned away, pulling his sleeves down as he trudged back down the stairs. Frank watched him go, thinking he might have to talk to Mikey about it. Only because he knew Gerard probably wouldn't.

Even though his friend claimed he was fine, something was off. Frank could sense it, but he didn't know what it was. Maybe if he did, he could try to fix it. Everyone who knew Gerard knew he wasn't an open person, so the truth would be hard to get from him. Despite that, Frank was willing to try.