"Interesting." Kunikida thought. 

"Who is the first surviving victim?" 

"Ah let's see." Dazai went through the stacks of reports on the case and he pulled the file. 

"Ozaki Kouyou. Seems she was very reluctant to be interviewed. She wouldn't even go to the hospital even though the police insisted. Do you really think we can get something out of this woman?" 

"It is worth a try." 

Dazai nodded. "Alright." Dazai grabbed the file and he handed it to Kunikida and they went out the office set to find out more information on the perp. 

Ω 

A ginger headed child ran as fast as his small feet could take him. He was trying his best to find somewhere to hide. Every day  was scary for the small boy since he was homeless but it has never been this terrifying. Chuuya  ran through the alleys and he had ended up at a dead end, no where to run. He was quickly cornered by vampires. Red eyes staring him up and down and glowing with hunger. 

One of the vampires grabbed  Chuuya's arms and Chuuya struggled and screamed. The vampire released his fangs and he was about to feed on Chuuya . 

"N-No! Somebody please help me!" The vampire licked up Chuuya's neck, taking in his scent and he was about to sink his teeth into him until the vampire was beheaded. Blood splatter all over Chuuya and he screamed his eyes widening in fear. 

Chuuya looked up to see a woman with a ghostly pale being behind her. It was obvious she had an ability. She was a beautiful woman. Ginger hair, beautifully worn make up, and a pristine kimono. She quickly struck down the vampires. The woman then looked at him and  Chuuya backed up into a wall. 

"P-please... Don't hurt  me ..."  Chuuya  looked at her with tears in his eyes. She disactivated her ability and kneeled down to Chuuya's height as she didn't want to frighten him further. She put her hand out for  Chuuya  to grab and  Chuuya   hesitantly took her hand getting up.  

Kouyou swiped the dirt off of Chuuya's clothes. And she took his tiny hands in hers and smiled at him with her eyes glowing red. Chuuya  was visibly shaking. The woman who just saved his life was  also, a vampire. But why is she not attacking him...? 

"You do not have to be frightened my child. I will not harm you lad. What is your name?" 

Chuuya thought a bit trying to understand her Japanese. "C- Chuuya ..." 

" Chuuya . Well Chuuya I am Ozaki Kouyou. Do you speak Japanese?" 

Chuuya thought again before answering he replied in very broken Japanese. "N-not really..." 

"That is alright my child." She brought the small child into her arms stroking his hair. "I will teach you. Will you come with me?"  Chuuya nodded. 

He felt the older woman pick him up and she opened her umbrella shielding them from the snow. She walked out of the alley as  Chuuya rested his head on her shoulder. Even though she was a vampire she had an amazing warmth Chuuya hadn't felt in a long time. This warmth was comforting. Almost like a mother's warmth. Chuuya slowly slid into slumber enjoying her warmth as she took him, leaving behind his life of fear.