The Pure Blood Murder Case

Dazai was sitting in the closet hearing the struggle his mother and father were putting up against the pure blood vampires. Dazai knew his parents were no match for them especially his father who was only a mere human like himself. Dazai heard his father's blood curdling  screams and he peaked under the small gap between the door. 

When Dazai leaned down he was automatically met with his father's lifeless eyes and bloodied face. Dazai jumped back screaming and he was starting to tremble, his heart racing as he heard approaching footsteps. This was it, Dazai was going to die right here only at the age of eight. Dazai wasn't ready to die. He was terrified . Anxiety hit him like a truck as the door knob was turned slowly but to his relief it was just his mother. His mother's beautiful face was stained in blood and her eyes were red and hollow. 

She quickly kneeled down to where Dazai was and she pulled him into her arms holding him close. Dazai felt a tear from his mother that had fell on his cheek. She started squeezing Dazai tightly. No. Tight was an understatement, she was crushing him. Dazai's breathe got uneven as he struggled to get out of his mother's grasp. 

"U-ugh... Ma-ma.. T-that h-hurts..." Dazai whined trying to push away. 

"I... am sorry dear..." She cried smiling and she squeezed Dazai's small body tighter bringing him close to death. That is when she let her fangs out and she bit into Dazai hard. Dazai's body trembled he didn't know what was happening. He felt his body pulsate and his eyes flickered red for a moment. Dazai whimpered before he went limp in his  mother's arms . She gently laid him down back in the closet. Stroking his cheek before she kissed his forehead softly.

" I am sorry Osamu. . . This will keep you safe."  She covered the small child with one of the jackets in the closet before she closed the door quickly. Just as she suspected this was when the  pure-blooded vampires rushed in again. She died that day along with her husband protecting their only child. She protected Dazai by turning him into a vampire that day. Marking him so his scent couldn't be detected. She wanted to make sure no matter what happened to them that their son would live on and have a life hopefully better than the cruel world they were forced to deal with. 

Ω 

Dazai was sitting at his desk in the Armed Detective Agency shuffling through the recent reports about vampires attacking humans on the streets at night. It was never hard living with humans before but this had made it rather difficult. As most humans were terrified now to even be approached by a vampire. Even if they meant no harm. But Dazai couldn't blame them. If he was still human he would be terrified too. Dazai had a feeling the pure-blooded vampires where up to these recent attacks. As the pure-bloods had no shame with how they fed. They'd feed on humans in a heartbeat. It was an uncontrollable urge that couldn't be tamed with vampires like them. It was like it was never enough.  

Dazai had learned to control his urges. Dazai had to feed of course or else he'd die. But Dazai only vowed to feed on animal blood. Never humans. 

Dazai stood from his chair and set on the desk instead still shuffling through the reports. 

"All the reports say the same M.O. We have a serial attacker. Seems he stalks and corners his victims and before he sinks his teeth into them he asks them "Is this how you like it?" At first, they use to just be injuries. Leaving the victim more rattled than anything but now he is escalating to killing." 

"And you believe these are pure-blooded vampires?" Kunikida asked turning his chair towards Dazai. 

"Precisely. And the last victim before she died said she remembered the man tapping her forehead. She said it rendered her helpless. She tried to move but after that she couldn't."