Chapter 17 part 2

Start from the beginning

Clearing her throat uncomfortably, Dylan forced a smile, "Well only time will tell." She replied in a businesslike tone, "So are you looking for Mark or for Lisa?" She asked changing the subject.

"Lisa, she said to meet her in the bar at 3:30." Cassidy returned glancing at the small gold watch on her wrist.

Nodding, Dylan glanced toward the bar area to see if Lisa was already in there, but if she was, Dylan couldn't see her, so instead of going with her to talk to Josh as she had planned she just said, "Well, if she's not in there she will be soon."

Nodding, Cassidy smiled once again and her blue eyes seemed as if they were looking for some sort of sign but instead she just said, "Well, hopefully I will see you later this evening."

"Not tonight I'm afraid," Dylan stated, "I'll be leaving shortly for Devon's, so good luck," adding Devon's name for good measure to remind her that she did, in fact, have a girlfriend.

"Okay, well thanks again Dylan." She replied sincerely and with a nod, Dylan headed back up to her apartment before heading out.

Once upstairs in her apartment, Dylan poured herself a shot of bourbon and wondered if perhaps Devon had been right. Cassidy did seem to watch her with more than just a passing interest or even that of more than a boss now.

Shaking her head, Dylan pulled out her cell phone with the intention of calling Devon's number, suddenly needing to hear her voice, but was surprised when it rang in her hand and saw Dan's number on the caller ID.

"Hello." She answered with a sigh.

"Dylan, man I am so sorry..." Dan started, "I have no excuse except that I'm an ass when I'm drunk."

"Yeah, that's true." Dylan agreed.

"Dude, can you ever forgive me?" He asked hopefully.

"You were all over Devon." Dylan told him shaking her head as she took a drink of her bourbon, "It's a good thing I came up when I did."

"I'm sorry Dylan, I really I am, I feel like shit...I barely remember but I know I was out of line." He said sounding truly remorseful.

"Yeah, you were toast." Dylan laughed a little, "Just remind me to never leave you alone with my girl in the future." She added, then after talking to him for a little while longer, she hung up and then called Devon.

"Well, hello good-looking," Devon purred into the phone, "I was just thinking of you."

Feeling warmth spread through her body at just the sound of her silky smooth voice, she said, "Great minds think alike."

"Mm, I miss you." She purred sexily again, sending a not entirely unwelcome excitement in the restaurant owner's lower extremities.

"Hmm, I wonder just how much?" Dylan asked teasingly deciding to play along

"Considering my body is still having little aftershocks of this morning, I'd say quite a lot."

"That sounds like you need my tongue to calm it down a bit?" She smirked knowing exactly what she was doing to the green eyed beauty on the other end.

With an audible moan, "I might pass out during but I'd be willing to give it a try." She responded huskily..

"That sounds very inviting." Dylan told her truthfully.