Chapter six

Thank you guys! Really, you're all great. :D

_

"When exactly did this happen?" she asked me, her mouth hanging wide open.

"Um," I glanced at my watch. "About an hour and a half ago." I said truthfully, she punched me in the shoulder.

"You met Dan Smith!" she squealed.

"I know, I was there!" I squealed back, laughing a bit.

"So," she said, leaning against the wall. "What were you doing?" she asked, I shrugged.

"Just busking, and he came over and put some money in my guitar case and I said something like 'hey, are you Dan Smith?' and he said something like 'yeah.' " I said, purpously missing out all of the boring 'umm's.

Cerys squealed again. I looked awkwardly down at my crumbling shoes and laughed.

She shut her laptop and balanced it on the top of the marble counter, then she laughed again, a giggly eighteen, almost nineteen year old girl jumping around like she was about five, not something you see everyday.

"I can't believe it! How lucky are you, oh my god," she laughed, scraping her hair back with her hands. "Was he friendly?"

"Very." I laughed.

"Was he cute?"

"Very." I confirmed again, and clutched her sides and laughed even more.

I was kind of swamped with regret, I knew that I should have said something more to Dan, and maybe if I had we could have gotten on better, maybe even become friends. However, I knew I was just hoping for something that wouldn't happen. I was being stupid.

Cerys' dad was obviously feeling uncomfortable now, so I suggested theat we went into the living room so that he could work.

He had always been a small, shy man, so my dad, being the loud giganticly tall man that he was, had gotton on with him from the beggining.

We both sat down on the sofa and Cerys opened up her laptop, she handed it to me and logged out of her twitter.

"Sign in, make it your profile picture or something." she said, so I did.

I had a couple of messages, which I had secretly hoped were Dan, but they turned out to be those stupid 'great way to get more followers' things.

"Has he followed you or anything?" she asked, I shook my head, looking at the picture and the caption he had added to it.

'Met a fan today, she was busking, she had a great voice! @MonicaTheAntelope.'

__

Dan's POV

The next day at the same time, I went back to see if Monica was playing, but she wasn't.

I'd looked at her twitter that morning, she'd tweeted a few things and made the picture of the both of us her profile picture, but she hadn't done anything else since that.

As I made my way to Kyle's house, I couldn't help smiling at the thought of her. She seemed cool, and she was really talented as well.

I sent Kyle a text, letting him know that I was one my way to his house and he replied, telling me that no sane person decided to go to their friend's house at twelve o'clock when they were still in bed, but I went anyway.

The day became a mess of boring realities blurring into one.

__

Monica's POV

School had always been the worst part of my life, which was funny, taking into consideration, what my life was like.

But once the media had gotten a hold of the story of how an innocent, small, ginger London girl tried to steal a man's Rolex watch and failed miserably, everything got a lot worse.

I looked down at my shoes as I walked the the corridors, people were staring at me, someone shoved me into a wall, but left me after that.

Some guys came up to me and told me that I was wicked, and it would have been a great way to earn a few, but getting caught was 'really stupid of me'.

I carried on with my day, painfully and slowly with any happiness from the day before shattered.

It was the first time in a while that I had actually walked back from school. I needed fresh air to enter my lungs, I needed to cry quietly into the sleeves of my denim jacket without being noticed.

But I had a really bad habit for getting caught, no matter what I was doing.

I bumped into someone, their chest hitting my head and making me awkwardly fall backwards.

I tore my hands from my eyes, revealing my red, tear stained cheeks to none other than Dan Smith.