Beauty In Broken Things

There's...there's something that I need to share with you all. And I feel like it's really important. Today, at school, I feel like I learned something about myself and about life. I know I said I had, like, no friends at school, right? I actually do have a friend and he's one year younger than me. His name is Adrian. So, me and Adrian were sitting beside each other in English Class and we got into a really deep discussion. I mentioned some of the things that I liked. One of those things were Urban Exploring and Abandoned Buildings and Placed. I don't know why, but I've always had a fascination with those places. It's just..abandoned building invoke a certain feeling inside me. It's a strange feeling and I can't explain it. I just...the reason why I feel like that is because I see beauty in those abandoned buildings and I think there really cool. Abandoned places have a hidden history and some people don't know much about the history behind that place. Abandoned places are pieces and relics of history. What makes me really sad is when those broken buildings, that piece of history, is destroyed. It's demolished. But, I guess you have to tear down the old and build something better. Or, what you could do with an abandoned place is you could take it and renovate it. You could make it better without tearing the place down.
For some reason, I feel like those places are sort of like people. Some people are broken, they feel lost, they feel abandoned, they feel like they aren't noticed. They have imperfections and people can judge people on their imperfections. But, there are some people that appreciate the beauty of the person's imperfections. They love their flaws. Sometimes people don't have to be perfect for people to love them.
I know it's a little weird to love abandoned places, but I guess we're all a little weird in some way. I guess I learned an important lesson. I made those connections and then I blew my mind! I can't believe it!
I was also watching some videos, TED Talks, on the emotional impact of architecture and how architecture can make us feel these powerful feelings...I'm sorry if I'm not making much sense.
I just have that appreciation for abandoned places and places that have flaws, places that are rotting away and crumbling away, because there's a beauty about them. Beauty. That's what I see in those places. I learned a lesson today. Not just about people, but about myself, too.