Chapter 12

Renee's pov:

It was after school and I was still single. I hadn't made up my mind completely on whether I wanted Sam or Matthew, but I decided that for today, I wasn't even going to bother with boys. I made that decision while I was getting my backpack from my locker when school ended. Alyssa and Becca came up to my locker right as I shut it.

"Hey Renee," They said.

"Hey,"

"So I was thinking, it's time that we all go on a shopping trip. Are you busy?" Becca asked me. I thought about it and realized that I really did have nothing going on. After all, I had eighty dollars right now from chores and I was up for a new winter wardrobe.

"Yeah, I don't think I have anything going on. Let me text my mom."

I took out my phone and texted my mom. I still felt awkward talking to her because of our argument. We hadn't made up from it. It was still really strange. I got a message from her pretty quickly and she told me that it was fine. I think she just said it to get me out of the house.

"I guess I can go,"

I hurdled my backpack over my shoulder and we decided to get going. After all, the mall wasn't that far away so we just walked about two blocks. The only disadvantage was my heavy backpack over my shoulders.

"I'm definitely up for going to Rue21." Alyssa said as we walked in to the mall. I didn't even know where to start with the eighty dollars in my purse. We just started walking until we found Rue21. Once we found it, Alyssa practically jumped up and down and dragged us in there. Alyssa found a dark denim pair of high wasited shorts. She held them up to her waist and squealed "Isn't this adorable! It's on sale too!"

Me and Becca rolled our eyes and laughed at how excited she was for a pair of shorts.

"Lys, it's almost November. I'm pretty sure you won't be wanting to wear shorts any time soon." Becca said taking the shorts and putting them back on the shelf. Alyssa rolled her eyes and grabbed them again making her decision to buy them. I decided to look around and I found quite a few cute things. Back in Wisconsin, my dad always had to tag along when I went shopping so it was nice to have some freedom. I found some turquoise skinny jeans, a pair of black sweatpants, a white top with red designs on the collar of it. I found lots of clothes from so many stores. I felt like a new girl.

It was then that we were at our last stop. We went to Wet Seal and the situation happened. I had about thirty dollars left and wanted to find just the perfect piece of clothing. That's when I saw her.

Amanda.

She was in Wet Seal with her wannabe friend Gina. Gina followed Amanda like a little puppy. Or at least, that's what I noticed at school. Whoever Amanda liked, Gina liked. Whoever Amanda hated, Gina hated. Whenever Amanda laughed, Gina laughed. Amanda was Gina's queen and she clung on to her like a little puppy.

Amanda met eye contact with us and she automatically smiled a fake smile. She walked over to us, but I could still see the anger in her eyes. She was holding a pair of shorts that showed off her butt and a crop top that exposed half of her boobs and her stomach as well.

"Renee! I didn't know you'd be here..." She said.

"Yeah...hi." I said. Amanda smirked and began following Becca, Lys and I wherever we went. She had to look at everything we got. She had to judge every single piece of clothing I got. I knew she was trying to annoy me. Gina just stood there next to her admiring everything she said.

"Ooh lookie here!" Amanda said pulling out a baby pink tee shirt that I bought. She held it up and examined every feature.

"Renee, this adorable, but this isn't really your style."

She crumpled up the shirt and threw it in the bag. I ignored her but still felt annoyed. Alyssa looked over to me and whispered "Just ignore her. She's trying to get you to freak out."

I nodded and went back to looking at clothes. I found a cute sweater that had Betty Boop on the front of it. I held it up and Amanda examined it.

"Wow, don't you think that'll make you look a little...'bigger'?"

Becca was starting to get annoyed as well. She looked at Amanda and then to me. She said to me reassuringly "Renee, I'm sure you'll look fine."

Gina just giggled and whispered "Good one Amanda!"

I went up to another section and found a pair of black leggings. They were on sale so I decided why not? I was about to go up to the counter to buy everything when Amanda stopped me again.

"Renee, I think those leggings aren't really going to make your legs look too good."

Okay that was it. She was really driving me crazy! I hadn't even asked for her opinion and she was being rude about everything I bought. I looked Amanda straight in the eye and let it all out.

"Amanda shut up! Just shut up! You're being so rude right now!!"

(Literally Kim you're being seh rude right now!) <---sorry I had to omg.

I just continued on even though Gina, Amanda, Becca and Alyssa all stared at me in shock. I had to let it all out.

"I don't give a care about your opinion! in fact, nobody cares because you're a brat to everyone!" I continued.

"Well Renee, at least I have a lot of friends and guys who like me at school. You dont."

That's when Alyssa and Becca stepped in.

"Amanda just stop! Renee has friends! She has me and Becca!" Alyssa said crossing her arms.

"And also, she has plenty of guys who like her for better reasons. Guys only like you because of 'those fake things'" Becca pointed to Amanda's boobs and cleavage. I laughed a little bit at Beccas comeback.

"At least I have them. For crying out loud, Renee still looks like she's eight!!!"

I looked down at my small body. Flat chested freak. That's what everyone used to call me. I looked at Amanda straight in the eyes and said it. And let me tell you, she looked like Regina George after she are those fattening granola bars in Mean Girls. She was mad.

I said "Well now I know why Matthew broke up with you. He didn't care about your body. he cared about your personality, but sadly yours is a piece of trash."

Amanda clenched her fists and knew she didn't have a comeback. Suddenly, a store manager came up walking over to us and looked angry.

"Ladies, are we having any issues here?" She crossed her arms and straightened out her thick framed glasses.

"No ma'am." I said.

"Okay, well you ladies need to settle down or well need to have you leave, okay?"

"Okay." We all said. I walked away from Amanda satisfied with everything I said. I didn't regret anything. I went up to the front and bought the leggings and the sweater.

We all finished up shopping and got a smoothie to celebrate our victory of the argument. I got a triple berry smoothie. Becca got a mango smoothie and Alyssa got a strawberry banana smoothie. We all sat down enjoying every sip of it.

"So what's going on with you and Sam?" Becca asked. I knew she still liked Sam. It was obvious. I didn't know what to say but I ended up answering her. I told her about the plan he had with Amanda and about how me and Matt kissed because of it. I told her every detail but made sure to say that we weren't completely done. We took a break until we could decide what we wanted.

"I'm sorry Renee for that. I'm sure it'll be okay."

I nodded but could tell Becca was just a little bit happy. Should I be happy?

Hey honey bunches of oats! Thanks for 12.5k! Not updating till 16k!

~love Ry(:<3