Chapter 5

Renee's pov:

First day of school. Somebody help me. My alarm woke me up with a loud screeching noise. I got up and rubbed my eyes praying that today wouldn't be terrible.

I had my outfit all set out the night before which took me about an hour to do. I had to make a good first impression. I had a pastel pink floral shirt and gray skinny jeans. I slipped on some pastel pink toms. I put my hair up in a high pony tail and then did my makeup. Not too much makeup, but just the right amount.

My mother handed me and apple for breakfast and I headed out the door. I went to the bottom of the hill to find the bus stop. Sam was there and he smiled when he saw me. He came closer to me and wrapped his arm around me. We hadn't even been dating yet and I wondered what he was thinking. I just decided to go along with it. It felt nice.

Matthew showed up right when the bus came and all three of us hopped on the bus together. I shared a seat next to Sam and was silent. Everyone around us whispered, but it sounded like they were screaming. Words spilled out like "Have you seen the new girl?"

I swear I heard it millions of times.

I scooted closer to Sam and he kissed my cheek. This kid was a flirt. I told him about how I was feeling really nervous. What if people didn't like me? I shivered, but Sam comforted me.

"I'm sure you'll be fine. They'll love you."

I nodded and looked over at Matthew. He was sitting in the seat across from us and he seemed upset. He was sitting alone and he kept glancing at us. No, not us. He was looking at me. I smiled back at him and then our bus pulled up in to the driveway of the school. I took a deep breath and got out.

Matthew's pov:

Yeah, I was dating Amanda, but there was something different about Renee. She was really sweet and had this sort of trust in people that Amanda didn't have. I felt like there was something about her that made Sam a lucky guy.

What Renee didn't know is that Sam might have been dating her as a set up. I don't think he really liked her. Or maybe I was wrong, but I swear I heard Sam and Amanda talking about something.

Yes, I did say that Sam would be cute with Renee, but I only did it to please Amanda. I didn't do it, because it's really what I thought. I just knew Amanda would kill me if I didn't go according to her plan.

Amanda's pov:

Renee. She was pretty and it scared me. Matthew is mine and nobody is going to change that! So when I heard that he was going to be hanging out with Renee the night he was going to meet her, I made a plan. I got in to a group chat with Sam and Matthew.

A- Amanda, S- Sam, M- Matthew

A- Okay so the new girl that Matt's talking about...I don't want her stealing him from me.

S- Why am I a part of this?

M- Um okay....

A- I have a plan.

M- Amanda, don't do something stupid.

S- Ummm.

A- Sam, you need to fall in love with this Renee girl so that she doesn't fall for Matthew. I don't want her falling for him.

S- I don't think I like her. Matt sent me a picture of her. She doesn't seem like "my type".

M- Amanda, come on. You're overreacting.