Chapter 1/ My History

Hi. My name Renee Anne Harper. I am sixteen years old and I fell in love with Matthew. Yes, the Matthew Espinosa. Our story has really been an amazing journey and still to this day, we are continuing this journey.

I know what you're thinking. C'mon Renee, get to the part where you and Matthew date and have some loveable scenes. Well, I want to get there too, but I think there are some things you should know about me before I get there. I have a...different past.

It all started when I was three years old. My parents split up. I don't necessarily want to explain the details, but lets just say my Dad was very abusive and they fought every night. I can't remember much, but that's what they've told me. My mother let my father take me with him. She believed that she didn't have enough money to support a child. My dad believed he had what it took to be a father...

My Dad moved back to Wisconsin and took me with him. I grew up there with him and I haven't seen my Mother since then. Just me and my 'dad'. No mother. No siblings. I can't really say I enjoyed it. Over time, I began to realize the true person my father was.

When I was about eight, my Dad had become very abusive. It was mostly verbal abuse, but there were a few times when I felt the stinging slap against my cheek. My Dad would find the most random reasons to get mad at me. I began to think that I was hopeless. What was the point? Obviously, nobody cared about me. All I ever heard from my father was how I was a 'hopeless human who would never do anything good in life'.

You're probably now saying 'Wow, that's sad, but you aren't really giving me details on how your father was so abusive'. Well, I'll give you some details. My Dad had no trust in me so that can lead me to many stories.

I've never had much experience when it comes to relationships with boys. I've never had a true boyfriend. Yea, believe it or not. I'm sixteen and I haven't had a boyfriend. It's not that I'm hideous and no boy has ever asked me out. My Dad has always said 'You think you are old enough? Renee Anne Harper, I don't want you having a boyfriend and I certainly don't want you getting pregnant'. You see, he had no trust in me. I wasn't going to get pregnant. He didn't understand that I was mature.

Now, there was one time where I did 'kind of' have a boyfriend. It was in seventh grade and my crush David Miller. He asked me out and for once, I was actually excited to tell my Dad something. I came home and when we sat down for dinner, I straight up told him. I thought he'd be happy for me since I was 'becoming a woman'. I was wrong. This was one of the times I experienced physical abuse. My father held me to the ground and slashed his belt against my back. He expected it to be a lesson, but the scars are still here to this day.

After that day, every time I accidentally mentioned a boy around my dad, he would refer to me as a "skank" and many other words that I do not want to repeat. It sticks in my mind and sometimes I wonder if my Dad is right. I am a skank. I am hopeless. I will not ever have a future. I will never have anyone to love me.

My dad was just the person who was always grumpy. He found every reason to get mad. If he didn't have any reason to get mad, he's find some reason and take it out on me. Then I'd end up with some mental or physical scars.

When I say my dad gets mad about everything, I mean it. I can apologize about twenty times and he'll still hurt me. Another example, one time I spent 32$ when shopping and I was only supposed to spend 30$. I realized it after I left the mall. My dad made me return all of the clothes, grounded me from my phone for a week and kept telling me that I'd be a hopeless failure. Now do you understand that he got mad so easily.

He was like a girl on her period...

Despite that, the only thing that ever kept me going was my friend Ally. I had been best friends with her ever since the first day of kindergarten. I told her everything and she understood me. I really wish I didn't have to leave her when I went back to Virginia. She was the only person I was going to miss.

So a few months ago, my parents went to court and my mother wanted me back in Virginia. Why? I thought she didn't care about me. Now all of a sudden, she decides to be a parent. I loved my mother, but still sometimes it made me mad. I never even got a phone call from her in the past thirteen years since I've seen her. I'd think that'd she'd care. Now all of a sudden, she decides to make a random call to me and say "Hey Sweetie! Do you want to come back to Virginia with me?" Part of me wanted to hang up on her, but I couldn't. Oh well, it could've been better than being with 'dad'.

Mother won the court case and now my bags are packed. I'm standing in the airport when I hear a lady speak over the intercom "Flight A22 to Virginia, your flight is boarding. Please come to A22 immediately." I looked back at my dad who rolled his eyes and said to me "Have fun. Your mother wont protect you like I did. She'll just let you make bad decisions. Have fun with that."

I ignored him and handed the lady my ticket. She stamped it and told me to walk to the plane.

Here goes nothing.

Authors note:

Hey Honey Bunches Of Oats<3 So I'm so thankful that you found this story. I hope you can all enjoy reading it as much as I'll have fun writing it! Please vote, comment and share this with your friends! Inbox me too<3 I love you all.

Also, in case you haven't already! Please go read my other story A Summer We Wont Forget. It's about Taylor Caniff! Please help me get it to 1 million!

~love Ry<3(: