Chapter 6

Renee's pov:

School that first day was truly amazing. Alyssa and Becca were really cool and I had a feeling that I'd become close friends with them. The only problem was that Becca and I both really liked Sam and I was afraid that if either one of us ever dated him, our friendship would be torn apart.

The bell had rung at exactly three o'clock and I rushed out of the class. I went straight to my locker and threw it open grabbing my back pack and throwing in all of the homework from today. I hurdled the backpack over my shoulder. It really wasn't such a bad first day after all. I had quite a few classes with Sam and Matt.

I went out of the school and went to the bus stop. Matthew came up next to me and patted my shoulder. I turned around.

"So how was your first day?"

"It was alright. Becca and Alyssa seem really nice."

"You know Bec really likes Sam?"

"I figured..."

Why did Matthew have to remind me? Becca was my first friend here that was a girl and I didn't want that being ruined by Sam. But if Sam liked me and not her, I couldn't help that. I decided to go with whatever happened. I wasn't going to let it get to me.

The bus had just pulled up and I was just about to walk in. I stepped up on to the front step until someone pulled me back down. I turned around and my eyes met with Sam's eyes. He smiled and I wondered why I couldn't go on the bus.

"Hey," He said.

"Sam, I have to go on the bus-" I started to say. I turned around and noticed everyone had gotten on. The bus driver stared at me and waited for me to get on. He let out a groan and said with a raspy voice "C'mon girl, I don't have a lot of time!" He chewed on a tooth pick and I looked at his gross scruffy beard. He didn't seem like the nicest guy.

"Can't you walk home?" Sam asked.

"I guess," I said shoving my bus ticket in my backpack. I walked away as the bus tickets closed. I looked back at Matthew. He sighed and stared out the window at Sam and I. What was up with Matthew? Why was he upset that I was missing the bus ride? It was just a school bus probably filled with screaming kids. It probably stunk and the bus driver was going to be a jerk.

"Why do you want me to walk home?" I asked. Sam and I continued to walk and we were finally away from the school. I was slightly afraid that it would be awkward, but it wasn't. Sam was super friendly.  We just talked about everything. I even spilled out everything about Wisconsin and my dad. He nodded and just wanted to know more and more.

We took a few selfies and then when were about half way home, Sam stopped me. We were all alone and he seemed nervous. He looked up and me and we were inches from each other. He grabbed my hands and stared in to my eyes. His eyes are so beautiful.

"Renee, I have to ask you something."

"What is it?"

"We've been talking and texting for awhile and you've seemed to be a really cool girl. You're pretty and smart according to school today. Would you consider being my girlfriend?"

I almost screamed, I was so excited. Sam would be my first boyfriend! I just wanted to shout it in my dads face that I, Renee Anne Harper have a boyfriend! I jumped up and down and yelled "Of course!"

Sam smiled and pulled me closer to him. His lips met mine which caused me to feel like I was walking on air. Everything was light and fluffy like cotton candy. As cheesy as it sounds, for once, everything was ice cream and puppies. Just perfect. I was afraid that it would feel weird since it was my first kiss, but no, it was perfect! We held hands and I stood on my tip toes to kiss him. He was tall! (Sam is seriously tall in real life. ughhhh he's so gorgeous<3)

We pulled back from the kiss and I smiled. Sam didn't smile as much as I was which caused me to wonder if he really enjoyed it. He continued to hold my hand and we walked the rest of the way home.

"So we're like...boyfriend and girlfriend now?" I turned towards Sam.

"Yeah,"

Sam's pov:

Wow, I was a good actor. I never thought that falling in to Amanda's plan would be fun, but it's actually kind of cool. Being 'in love' with Renee was different...

Matthew's pov:

I sat on the bus waiting for Renee to come and sit by me. But then I looked out of the window to see her shoving her ticket in her backpack and walking away with Sam. My stomach dropped a little bit. I still didn't know if I should break up with Amanda. Renee obviously liked Sam and Amanda was technically the dream girl of the school. She was popular and pretty causing all of the guys to be jealous of me, but maybe that didn't matter to me.

I was so confused right now. I prayed that things wouldn't be so confusing. Whatever would happen, would happen. I just hoped that Sam and Renee weren't dating.

Okay, I'm just going to straight out say it. I can't hold it in any longer. I really like Renee. I'd die to be with her. There's something about her that just makes me smile. She's gorgeous and smart. Anyone would be lucky to be her boyfriend. I realized that, but Sam didn't. It really hurt me to see that. He was just acting like her loved her. I really did. It wasn't an act for me.

Renee's pov:

I was so happy to be dating Sam. I immediately posted it to all of my social medias when I got home. I wanted to scream it to the world that my single life of sixteen years was finally over! Within the next fifteen minutes, I was getting a few messages. Sadly, my dad saw since he has social media too. But I didn't live with him anymore so I didn't live under his rules.

Dad- You know I don't approve of you dating.

Delete.

Matthew- So you're dating Sam?

Me- Yeppp(:

Soon, another message appeared. I didn't recognize the number at first, but then I remembered it was Becca. I added her in my contacts as Becca West.

Becca West- I saw that you're dating Sam.

Me- Yea

Becca- Oh.

I knew that she didn't seem mad, but she did seem upset. The way she just said 'oh' made me shiver. Was she going to completely ignore me at school tomorrow? I really hoped that she wouldn't make things weird. I already had a feeling that she would. At least I wouldn't hurt Alyssa.

I went downstairs and ignored the constant vibrating my phone did while it was in my pocket. I decided to tell my mom. It would make some type of conversation between us.

"Mom, I have to tell you something,"

"Yes sweetie?"

"I'm dating Sam."

My mother smiled and I made sure to tell her that Sam had the same religious beliefs as us, he was super friendly and smart. She seemed to approve of him, but still wanted to meet him. She walked up to me and gave me a big hug. For once, it felt okay to hug her. She was really happy for me.

"So I'd like to meet Sam." She said.

"Um okay..." I said.

"How about he comes over for dinner on Wednesday? I can cook pasta for dinner and we can get to know each other."

I nodded. I decided to text Sam and tell him about my mother's idea. He said it sounded fine. I still couldn't believe I had a boyfriend.

Authors note:

Hey honey bunches of oats! Thanks for 2,000! I'm not updating until 2,700 reads! Comment if you're team Sam or team Matthew! I love you all so much and remember to get A Summer We Wont Forget to 1M! Thank you<3 Also, please read @mrs_taylor_caniff's story(;

~love Ry (: <3