Chapter 9

"How the hell where you compromised?!"

mom asked while she was flying the jet. I was standing above where she was sitting. We were trying to make it so Loki couldn't hear us we both knew he was evesdropping.

"Well he kinda just figured it out with the last name and my eyes and all but I tried to convince him he was wrong but I couldn't."

"I knew we should've given you a different last name. It would've protected you."

That probably could've helped but then my eyes look too much like my dads. And it's a dead give away when I call them mom and dad. He didn't know who my mom was yet so I guess that was good. We would just have to be extra careful. He probably already figured it out though because I did call her mom.

After we were done talking I went to sit down and on the other side of the jet from Loki.

I started to text Sam on my phone:

B: Hey! I caught the bad guy, Loki

S: 👌

B: I've been compromised though

S: That sucks😣

B: Yea well whatcha gonna do. He keeps looking at me creeper😬

S: Lol! knock him out then you won't have to worry about it

B: lol!! alright ill text you later and let you know what happens. I'm super tired ugh flying back from Germany

S: haha alright bye

I looked up and saw that Loki was still staring at me. What was his problem? He was making me feel awkward. I straitened up and crossed my arms trying to look intimidating.

"What do you want Loki?"

"If Agent Barton is your father than who's your mother? Unless you don't even have one."

I just glared at him trying to think of a really good comeback but couldn't think of one quick enough so my uncle stepped in for me.

"That's none of your business reindeer games."

"Well how is it any of your information metal man?"

"Again that's none of your business. I'm getting the feeling you don't understand."

I was glad he was standing up for me. God I just wanted to go to sleep but I couldn't show Loki how tired I was because then he'd think I was weak and I couldn't have that. Steve was super lost in all of this so he came over and sat next to me. He whispered in my ear

"How are you all related?"

"I'll tell you when we get back to base. It's too easy for Loki to hear us."

"Okay, well by the way your bleeding."

Turns out he was right. There was blood soaking through a cut in my pants on the back of my calf. It didn't phase me though, I didn't mind the sight of blood.

"Oh well I'll be fine. thanks though, I think I'll be okay till we get back if I can survive the exhaustion."

"Haha well I'm here as a personal pillow if you need one..." just as he said that he looked like he had just said the most idiotic thing in the world.

"That was the weirdest thing you could've said. I'm actually going to pretend you didn't just say that, but thanks for the offer I think I'll just stay awake."

"Yea I'm going to shut up now."

We both just kinda sat there in silence for a little while. On our way we talked some more but I could feel that we were going to become great friends.