Chapter 5: Curse

I woke up in William's bed with a pounding headache and nausea.

A hangover. Great.

William was nowhere to be seen in the room so I decided to put my boxers and pants on and search for him. I checked the bathroom first and he was not there, I then checked downstairs where he was eating breakfast.

"Well you woke up early." I said with a slight chuckle.

He did not turn around. He did not even bother to say anything.

Of course. I was alone in my adoration.

"You know... about last night, I-"

"Shut up." He said cutting me off abruptly.

I felt it. My heart breaking. I could feel the Black Magic I inherited from my father burning a black ink-like heart on my chest. I saw it too.

William looked up in fear as he saw it. "W-what is that?!"

"Not like you give a fuck what it is." I spat at him in some kind of resentment I guess.

"I-I do. Tell me what it is!" He said standing up and looking me in the eyes with true concern.

I paused for a moment before saying plainly. "My curse."

I had learned to grow used to the literal acidic pain of my heart being broken.... but when it came to William I noticed it more. It had an edge to it.

"Curse?" He asked reaching out to touch my chest.

I slapped his hand away. "Yeah, like I said you don't give a shit."

Why did I care so much? I was drunk, that's why I wanted him right?

William ignored my attempts to push him away and hugged me.

"Get off, idioto!" I growled.

Yet he ignored me. "I'm sorry, Jared."

My eyes widened in disbelief. Was he actually saying sorry? To me? Was he insane?

"William..." I hugged him back tightly as my heart began to fade.

"I'm sorry for being snobby." He frowned and pet my head. Will was tall, 6 feet now, while I was only 5'7.

"You? Being sorry?" I asked.

Will chuckled a bit. "Yeah. Weird, huh?"

"You're always weird." I stated bluntly but with a smile at the end.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In the shadiest part of town we walked. At 17 years old we decide it's a good idea to risk getting mugged. Mama taught me better but I wanted to be with William on everything. So no matter what, I'd do what he did.

After a while of walking he began talking to this man in a low voice, I couldn't hear what they were saying. But I realized what was in that bag that the man gave to William.

Opium.

Mama told me to stay away from it but... William just put it on his tongue without care and I didn't wish to be a sissy so I grabbed some and shoved it in my mouth too.

After a while, little dots of purple filled the air. It was pretty weird, but funny too. So funny I started laughing.

William looked over at me like I was crazy. "Idiot, you took too much."

I started laughing so hard I coughed out rainbows. It was the coolest thing. But apparently rainbows make everything go blurry.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After my buzz faded I realized where the hell I was. In a bedroom. With a... A girl?!

The room was small and the paint on the walls was chipping, it reminded me of my room minus the countless sex toys scattered about the room.

"You're a virgin, aren't you?" I suddenly realized the beautiful girl sitting on my lap. Weird. How could I skip over her? Was my buzz that bad?

"Y-yeah." I stuttered realizing technically I wasn't but I never used my dick so...

"I can tell by the way you're blushing." She chuckled.

This girl was gorgeous. Long, flowy, lavender hair. Deep firey red eyes. Those red stained lips...

I fell in love with her immediately...

I mean her body was perfect as well!

Her curves perfect and smooth... skin as soft as a child's.

Who was she again? And where was Will?

"Staring, are we?" She chuckled and started unlacing her corset.

I nodded and blushed as she undid each lace and then proceeded to undo her bun.

"You're perfect." I whispered like an idiot.

"I'm a whore." She laughed. "Perfection is far beyond me."

A whore?! Okay, where the serious hell did William take me?

"Uh... Miss?" I asked embarassed.

"Yes?" She asked beginning to slip off her short red dress.

"W-where exactly am I...?" I ran a hand through my hair and smiled like a complete idiot.

"So you really were high." She chuckled. "You're at Madame Victoria's, William brought you in."

"Eh?!" I screeched in disbelief.

The girl put a soft finger to my lips. That's when I realized that the makeup she was wearing made her look about 23 when really she was about my age.

"Should I be on top first?" She asked with a smirk.

Ignoring her question and grabbing her hand I asked with a dying will to know.

"Miss, please excuse me but... what is the goddess that sits before me's name?"

At this she blushed, only making her beauty more radiant.

"G-goddess?" She asked in confusion and shock.

"I wish to know. I want to know the name of the one whom I shall remember as the one who stole what innocence I have left." I said smiling.

"E-Estrella..." She mumbled still blushing. "Estrella."