Chapter Six: [new responsibilities]

Start from the beginning

"Can you hear that?" Stiles asked. Deaton leaned in, listening intently.

"The sun, the moon. . . the truth. The sun, the moon, the truth."

Deaton nodded, looking up to everyone as he repeated. "Three things cannot long be hidden. The sun, the moon, the truth. It's Buddhist."

Everyone looked to one another, until Derek gazed at Peter who thought for a moment. A lightbulb went off and Peter sighed.

"Satomi."

Indigo was going to ask, before her stomach cried out with more urgent matters. She squeezed her eyes shut, a cry reaching such a high note, it went silent. Stiles' eyes widened and he looked to Deaton.

"To the table. She's stable enough right now, we should go ahead."

Indigo lifted her foot to walk, but Stiles was already on it as he swung one arm under her knees, carrying her to the table. He placed her down gently and she instantly began to lie on her back. She coughed at the new position, the same yellow liquid trickling down her chin.

She lifted her hands to pull up her shirt, but Stiles did it instead, rolling it up to right where her ribs stopped to reveal the wound. He winced and a shiver ran down his spine. He placed his hands on the metal table, until he felt hers grab his right one. Her weak strength held it only barely, Stiles looking to her as he fully held her hand, placing his left one over both.

Deaton pressed the scalpel to the wound and began dragging down, releasing another yellow cloud. Indigo groaned, but watched Stiles lift their hands to kiss them to distract her.

Just as Stiles lowered their hands, Indigo realized that Deaton had finished. She let out a deep breath and finally, it didn't sting to breathe. A faint smile grew on her lips as she began to take her breaths for granted again, taking in the clean air through her nostrils.

Stiles looked down to her and moved away a damp hair from her sweating forehead, tucking it behind her ear. Indigo shut her eyes in her newfound feeling of bliss and gave his hand a proper squeeze. She opened her eyes to his and both of them finally eased, knowing they were both okay.

Indigo sighed as she walked out of first period, rubbing the sides of her eyes. The class was exhausting, just for the fact that they sat in the dark and watched a video. Maybe the class wouldn't have been as tiresome if Indigo had actually gotten some sleep, but she just couldn't get last night out of her mind.

Indigo stepped through the front door of her house, moving the hair from her face as she locked the door behind her. Her body was exhausted and she had no doubt that it showed. Simply walking made her body ache for her mattress. A huge sigh passed her lips as she walked through the house, passing the living room as she headed towards the stairs.

"I know that I'm a month late."

Indigo slowed her walking and furrowed her eyebrows as she listened to the talking in the kitchen coming from Melissa.

"Three months?" Melissa hummed. "Are you sure it's three months?"

"Okay. I understand." She sighed. "Um, but if you could just turn the power back on even for a few hours, that would be really great. I- have a refrigerator full of food that's going to go bad. And, obviously, I don't have the money to run out and replace $300 worth of groceries. So. . . I am more than happy to beg."