Chapter 31 A Drink Or Two

* QUICK NOTE: Sorry it has been forever since I had last update. Something's wrong with my Wattpad- it's freaking me out. Okay so I don't drink or party and I do not condone drinking or partying by the way. (Total disclaimer because Rayne's about to get turnt up.) Alright, love you guys. Thanks for being patient and loyal and don't forget to tell me how you feel in the comments and gimme a vote. READ ON***

It was a crazy party.

Disco lights painted the crowd every shade of the rainbow and the bodies of drinking individuals swayed to the beat of the live band on stage.

I felt Nick's hand on my waist as I maneuvered through the crowd to the bar in the corner.

"Wanna drink?" the bartender asked Nick.

"No, I'm fine thanks," Nick yelled over the music.

The bartenders gaze slid to me. "What about you, sweetheart?"

I eyed the drinks behind him, remembering the rush of something more than casual champagne. It's been months since I've drank that. I had quit whenever I ran out of money and Sean had dumped me.

But circumstances had changed and here I was again with a familiar weight in my stomach.

"Yes please," I told the man. He winked at me and slid over a filled cup.

A large gulp later I felt the the tingling in my toes.

"Nick!"

I looked over to Joe waving his hand in the air and then patting the seats next to him. We walked through spiderwebs of bodies and slid into the round booth across from him the lights dancing off of his eyes.

As Joe and Nick started a light conversation, I pushed myself into the corner of the booth, wanting to create as much distance from Nick and I while we were out of the eyes of the public. I pulled out my phone and lazily scrolled through Instagram feed, anything to occupy my mind.

A minute later a message from Ruby appeared on my screen.

How awkward is it?

I replied.

Extremely.

"Hey, I got you a drink," a dainty voice said and I looked up to see Anna in jeans and a tank top, handing Joe a glass of yellowed liquid.

I let out a heavy breath and grabbed my drink, taking a long swig.

"Thank you, babe," Joe replied, moving over to let her sit beside him and placing a kiss on her cheek.

I forced myself not to look at Nick.

"Hey, Rayne," she greeted, giving me a big smile. "I'm so glad you came, I was afraid that I wouldn't know anybody here." Anna let out a breathy chuckle.

I gave her a tight smile over my glass as I brought it to my lips.

I felt Nick's gaze on me, eyeing the visible bottom of my drink.

"I'm going to go dance," I announced, waiting for Nick to move out of the booth so I could slide out. When he did, I downed the rest of my drink, slid off my cardigan and climbed out so now we stood face to face.

His eyes were cemented to me- and I let our gazes lock as I reached over to the waiter walking by and grabbed a glass from his tray.

"Don't you think you should slow down?" he asked, his voice low enough for only me to hear.

I slid my gaze to glass in my hand and then back to him. "No, not in particularly," I replied back, my voice even. And then I turned away from him and walked onto the dance floor.