Chapter 2: Out

Bonnie screamed in grief and mental anguish at what was happening. The little voice had gone quiet, as there was nothing they could do or say to make this better. They had loved Daddy and Mitchel as much as Bonnie did. She had fallen to her knees again, and a few moments later her mother walked into her bedroom. Standing in the door, she spoke with a level, grief-filled and dangerous voice.

"You need to leave. Now."

Bonnie turned her head and looked up at her mother. She nodded, and then stood up, still crying. She began moving around the room, grabbing some things she felt where important to her personally or what she might need for her quest to get Mitchell back.

In her bag, there ended up being her pajamas, a ribbon, her hairbrush, a book with some colouring pencils and things, a small handful of marbles, one of her little toy soldiers and a little matchbox car.

As she was grabbing things, her mother spoke again.

"Why? Why did he say thank you?"

"Be-ca-use the sha-dow-s we-re bei-ng me-anie-s to him and woul-dnt let Dad-ddy be Da-ddy..." Her mother sighed in impatience.

"That doesn't make any sense WHAT SO EVER. Stop lying to me." Bonnie sniffed, and tried to stop a new onslaught of tears.

"I-I'm not ly-ing tho-ugh!"

"OF COURSE YOU ARE! You are a child who is delusional- shadows are only caused by the absence of light in a lit area when said light hits an object and is blocked!" Bonnie's mother nearly screamed in frustration as she explained, what we as humanity, knew shadows to be.

Bonnie was resisting a new surge of tears as she didnt want to make her mother more mad at her, even though she knew her mum was wrong. "P-p-ple-eas-se mu-mum-mm-y!" She pleaded helplessly, having no idea what to do now. The voice was more silent that a silent movie, which made Bonnie even more scared. She had grown to rely on the voice.

"No, I don't want to hear it. Our of my house, NOW!" Bonnie's mother shook her head and left, making her way back downstairs and to her husband's dead body on the floor. Bonnie took a final look around her bedroom before sneaking out and down the stairs. Avoiding her mother and her fathers corpse, she went up as far as she could on her tippy toes before she was able to open the front door. Closing again with a hearty latching and locking sound, Bonnie was now locked out of her own house.

And more alone than ever.