Chapter 2

Y/n walked through the crowded hallway, making her way towards the conference room that she was supposed to meet the cast in. She'd gotten the list of songs to record, which would be happening throughout the movie for some reason.  She pushed through a couple of people and then opened the door, immediately being met with fairly unfamiliar faces. 

"Welcome." The director said and Y/n smiled. She was introduced to everybody and was told who she'd be having most of her scenes with. "I'd like to get Alycia, Lindsey, and Y/n to do some promotional stuff." 

"Got it." Y/n said glancing at the women across the table from her. They dispersed, everybody having something else to do that day. 

"Hey." Alycia said glancing at you shyly. "It's been a long time." 

"Yeah, it has." Y/n said and Alycia sat down on the ledge outside. "So, what do we do now?" 

"I doubt we can pick up where we left off, but I don't want to start over." Alycia said and Y/n looked at her shoe laces which were becoming increasingly interesting. "I think we should at least get dinner." 

"What happened to Tanner?" Y/n asked and Alycia's face went pale. 

"I'll pay for dinner." Alycia said and Y/n got the hint. "I ran over him with my bike on accident." 

"That really sucks, he was like our child and you killed him." Y/n said and Alycia looked down, suddenly feeling guilty. She'd felt bad when it'd happened, but she assumed she'd never see Y/n again, which obviously wasn't the case. "I suppose you're still the sweet one." 

"I suppose so." Alycia said and Y/n smirked. "Where do you want to eat?" 

"How about we try this great bar downtown, if we hurry, we can get a late lunch before my shift starts." Y/n said and Alycia nodded. "I didn't exactly drive here." 

"How far is it?" Alycia asked and Y/n shrugged. "How's you get here?" 

"Long board." Y/n said, helping Alycia onto the front. "I'd say we're about 9 and a half blocks away." 

"Um, okay." Alycia said and Y/n sent them towards the bar. Alycia felt safe in Y/n's arms even thought she was certain that Y/n had been the klutz of the pair. Y/n felt happy with Alycia in her arms and not the happy that comes from pills, needles, or pipes. Everything felt genuine, which scared them, enough for the thoughts to be dismissed for the moment. 

"I think you should invite some friends to the bar sometime. I bet Eliza would really love one of the burgers." Y/n said, breath tickling Alycia's ear and neck. As Y/n turned, Alycia felt herself lose balance, which wasn't a problem since Y/n held her in place, even slowing down a bit to allow her a bit of time. 

"Is this it?" Alycia asked as Y/n came to a full stop. She felt herself being lifted from the board and placed on the sidewalk while Y/n kicked the board up. "Looks like a place a hipster would hang out." 

"I'm punk, there's a difference." Y/n said and Alycia rolled her eyes. "I don't spend most of my time drinking Starbucks, whining about the basics, and listening to Melanie Martinez." 

"Whatever." Alycia said wrapping an arm around Y/n's shoulder. They walked in together, Ramon immediately noticing the new company. 

"What can I get you ladies?" Ramon asked and Alycia decided on whatever Y/n was having. "Coming right up." 

"Thank you." Alycia said and Ramon nodded, going back to the kitchen. "Does he work here all by himself?" 

"We don't get a lot of business and there are his daughters and then a couple of teenagers here and there."  Y/n said, propping her feet onto the space next to Alycia in their booth. "It's a pretty nice thing, pays the bills and allows room for fun." 

"I doubt you'll need any help paying bills after the soundtrack comes out." Alycia said and Y/n shook her head. "I heard your stuff, it's really good, angsty and very rebellious. Much like you, but I see past it." 

"There is no past it anymore." Y/n said and Alycia gave her a look of disbelief. "There hasn't been a past it since I was seven." 

"Oh really?" Alycia asked and their food was set in front of them by an excited looking preteen girl. "Thank you." 

"N-no problem." The girl said before running off. 

"Thanks Miley." Y/n called out. "Let's change the subject." 

"What's wrong?" Alycia asked, noticing something immediately. Y/n didn't answer, stuffing like six fries into her mouth to avoid the question. "Same old tactics I see." 

"Ey erk." Y/n said, food still in her mouth. Alycia chuckled, realizing full force just how much she'd missed her old friend over the years. 

"Well, I'm going to hang out with Eliza Taylor and some of The 100 cast, would you be interested in joining as my plus one?" Alycia asked and Y/n nodded. "Great and maybe before, we can take Eliza here. She'd like this place." 

"Totally." Y/n said and they fell into a light conversation about chicken nuggets and their cultural relevance with millennials and younger generations. "I'll walk you out." 

"Um, I was going to call a car, but whatever." Alycia said and Y/n shook her head. "Are you going to skate me to your house?" 

"Yes because it's cool." Y/n said helping Alycia back up. "I'll teach you sometime." 

"How do you know I can't already?" Alycia asked and Y/n shrugged. 

"I'll teach Eliza and then we'll get married and have really attractive babies." Y/n joked, not noticing the slightly upset look on Alycia's face as they rode off towards the setting sun.