part six, the date.

Start from the beginning

His intense stare caused chills to rise up my neck, a glimmer of amusement flashed in his eyes. Did he realize the affect he had on me? I thought nervously to myself. The waiter gestured towards me and asked Callum, "Shall I bring you your usual?"

I looked at Callum curiously, has he brought a lot of women here? Callum looked over at me, something flashing in his eyes I couldn't place, and turned towards the waiter rather quickly. "No, I think we will have something different tonight, thank you."

The waiter excused us to look over the menu. I was still staring at Callum questionably, but shook it off. I peered down at my menu, becoming instantly overwhelmed by all the options and their rather higher end prices. I definitely was out of place here, but Callum made me feel content.

As I looked at the menu I asked Callum, "So what do you recommend here?" I glanced up at him through my eye lashes, he stared at me and closed his menu.

He leaned forward onto the table and said deeply, "I think we should just have dessert. If you don't mind, something different." I did not mind at all, besides I had a rather big lunch today, and dessert was exactly what I needed.

I absentmindedly licked my lips as Callum's eyes followed a path from my eyes to my lips, "Dessert is always the best part" I said, "And besides I promised my roommate Mia I would bring her back some anyway."

Callum looked back up at my eyes, "That's a very kind thing for you to do, I like that quality in a woman." I blushed and began to look over the dessert menu.

I chose the banana s'more, it had caramelized bananas, warm chocolate cake, smoked meringue and coquito sauce. Callum chose the black forest, it had brandied cherries, whipped vanilla cream and chocolate sorbet. I decided to bring home the coconut dessert for Mia, it had coconut bavarois, roasted pineapple, and pina colada sauce.

As we were finished with our dessert and waiting for the check, Callum asked, "Would you like to get a drink with me? I'd really like to show you this bar, if you'd let me." I nodded yes, appreciating his kindness to show me new places. It melted my heart he would think of me in that way. I thanked him for paying for dessert, grabbed my coat and Mia's dessert. I followed Callum out the door of the restaurant.

The car was waiting outside for us, Harrison took my boxed dessert for Mia as Callum opened the door for me and I slid into the backseat. Callum joined me momentarily, scooting closer to me once the vehicle began to move. As I crossed my legs Callum placed his hand on my right knee, he leaned towards me whispering in my ear, "If I get a couple drinks in you, will I learn a little more about you?"

I looked into his eyes and winked, "If you're lucky".

He laughed like a child and squeezed my knee with his hand, I looked down and his hand was covering the majority of my leg. I relished in the feeling of his warm hands on my skin, having large hands is a very attractive quality to possess in my book.

We pulled up to a building and got out. I looked at the entrance and placed my hand on Callum's forearm looking at him slightly confused, this was a hotel. He smiled at me and said, "It's a rooftop bar, look up".

I peered up towards the sky and heard the faint noise of conversation and the bustle of people, and I smiled like a child. Callum's laugh radiated through my ears, a sweet sound I was becoming rather fond of. He grabbed my waist and whispered into my ear, "Come on".

We arrived at the top of the hotel where the bar was located, it was called the Press Lounge. The entire interior was made of glass walls, giving a stunning view of the Manhattan skyline at night. The doors lead out to the roof top deck where chairs, couches, and tables accommodated the space. A lit up water structure was in the center, going from one end of the deck reaching towards the other end. Callum lead me to a couch off to the corner outside. I couldn't help but notice girls were stealing glances at him left and right as we passed through the crowd.