Chapter:28

I got to the house in no time flat. Both Blake and Justin were out cold from staying up late with my dad talking. Hauling the six horse trailer down was a really long haul. I parked in front of the house and got out. Both Justin and Blake jumped when I stopped the truck. I got out and went right for the front door. It was after ten when we arrived. I went right upstairs to the room I stay in when here and grabbed some clothes before going to get a quick shower before crashing on the king size bed in the master bedroom.

Both Justin and Blake stood at the doorway of the room. "You guys can shower then join me." I said as I pulled a pillow to me. They held a quick silent conversation before one went to one shower and the other went to another. I was almost asleep snuggled into the middle of the bed when the bed jumped. I popped my head up just before I was pulled between the two. They both kissed me before laying on their sides of the bed. I curled up next to Justin and Blake curled up to me. Soon I was sandwiched between the two bodies.

I then rolled over after Justin put his arm around me and wrapped my arms around his upper arm. Blake then pulled the other half of my body onto his. This would be equivalent to heaven.

~~~~~~~~~

I was picked up and placed back down on the bed. They're seriously getting out of bed before me? I opened my eyes seeing Blake pull a pair of jeans over his butt. A deep chuckle came from him. "Told you she'd wake up when we got up." Blake said before coming back over to the bed. "What would you like for breakfast?" He asked. "Breakfast is in the barn. Carson, my dad's hired hand, is always informed of when I'm going to come down. So he always cooks breakfast." I said.

He kissed my temple. "Get dressed then and we'll let you lead the way to the barn." Justin said. I sat up and stretched before getting up and going to the bathroom. When I was out and dressed I went downstairs with my ranch boots in hand and put them on in the recliner. Both Justin and Blake were putting their boots on at the front door. Once mine were on I stood up and went out onto the front porch. They joined me and I led the way to the barn. I opened the heavy sliding doors and walked down the isle.

Several horses whinnied as I walked in. The stall at the very end held a prized horse. My first horse. I walked down to the very last stall and entered. "Hey buddy. Look at how gorgeous you are." I said as my stallion came right up to me. He nickered and stood still for me to pet him. "Is this the stallion?" Justin asked. "He is. He's also my first horse and Rough's first foal." I said. "His show name?" Blake asked. "Rough Boy. When he was younger he would do the craziest things and wouldn't get hurt from doing them." I said.

I then gave him one last pat before going to greet a few other horses. "Desiree. Breakfast." Carson yelled from the loft. "Come on. He makes the best cast iron biscuits." I said before going up the stairs with them tailing. "Papaw." I yelled. "I'm too young for you to be calling me that." Carson said coming out of the kitchen. I chuckled before hugging the salt and pepper haired man my dad hired after Thomas was born. "How's your dad?" He asked. "Good. Up to his usual tricks." I said. He chuckled.

"Now who are these two boys?" He asked gesturing to the boys. "Justin Waller  and Blake Aarons." I said. "I think I remember rodeoing with your dads." Carson said. "You've got an older sister and you're got an older brother." He said to one than the other. "Yes sir." They both answered. "No wonder Desiree here invited you two down. Well as I heard her before coming up, I do make the best biscuits and I made a batch for y'all." Carson said before leading the way into the kitchen.

Around the table we made small talk until Carson brought up a certain topic. "So. Did your dad sell the place to you or have you sign the papers saying you own it now?" He asked. "The day after my eighteenth birthday. Since mom was wanting the place in her belongings in the divorce." I answered. Blake and Justin looked at me oddly. "Don't tell me. Case did nothing to tell you two." I said. They both nodded. "Ok. My mom hates the two of you and all of my rodeo friends. So. She told my dad to sell all of the horses, trailers, and whatever else that needs to be sold due to that. The ranch included. Dad gave me the ranch, all of the horses on it, all of the cattle, and every single thing on it.

"That was before she wrote out the list of things she wanted in the divorce. Of course my dad knew she'd want this place and it was originally going to Thomas when he turned eighteen. So when I turned eighteen he had Carson go to the realtors office to send the transcripts for me to sign saying that I own the ranch now. That way mom would have no right to anything on it. She thinks she's getting it, but it was taken out of the list of things my dad owns legally. I even had to pay a small amount so it looked like he sold it to me before she could get her hands on it. The only way she can get it is if I sell it to her, and I'll sell it to Carson, one of you or Case. I don't trust her with this place. She hates it here. She'd sell the land bit by bit including the ranch you two grew up on." I said.

They both nodded before looking back at Carson. "Her dad still signs my checks and it'll soon be her signing checks. We've got several mares that her stallion has covered and most will be colts." Carson told them. "And most will be sold after turning a year and has been halter broke. They are used for pleasure, competition and work. Depending on what they will be used for is how much I'll sell them for. Work would be around ten grand, pleasure will be cheaper because the horse will be living a leisurely life, and competition, the horse will be sold for the full value of the horse. One my be fifteen thousand, another could be fifty thousand, depending on the mare bred from." I said.