“Well needless to say I haven’t spoken to her since, and I vowed to never ever get into a relationship again! So lately I’ve been having terribly unsatisfying sex with the first person who buys me a drink only to hate myself more in the morning.” I paused, my mouth slightly open as I realised what I had just said. “Not sure why I told you the last bit.”

Lexi laughed, the musical sound floated around me, making a smile appear across my face. “Unsatisfying? How bad is unsatisfying.”

“The last one lived with his mother and fell asleep in his own drool.” I giggled as I said it; it was a horrifically funny situation really.

“So, no orgasm’s then?” Lexi joked, her eyes twinkling, it was at that moment the waitress brought our food and placed it down, a small smile on her face letting us know she had heard the last of our conversation. My eye caught Lexi’s and I couldn’t help it, we both burst out in laughter until tears streamed out of my eyes. In reality it wasn’t even that funny but it was infectious now and neither of us could stop.

When we finally calmed down I took a sip of my drink before replying to her question. “What’s an orgasm?! Don’t think I’ve had one in years.” I started to tuck into my long awaited meal.

Lexi shook her head slightly, “Well that’s a shame. So when was the last time you had an earth moving, world shattering, toe curling, big O.” I raised my eyebrows at her and bit my lip.

“Well when you put it like that, never.”

Lexi’s smile turned into a sly grin, “Sounds like a challenge. Give Jenn the best orgasm of her life. I’d take that up.” She bit her lip and I felt like my insides had melted, all I wanted to do was pounce across this table and take her right her right now regardless of who was in here. For once words completely failed me, my pessimistic side had made sure I was completely unprepared for this.

“Uh, Ok.” Sometimes my eloquence is astonishing. Lexi just grinned more and continued eating. I carried on with the plate in front of me slowly, my appetite for food gone, but a new one for Lexi increasing exponentially with every passing second.

“Well I guess I should tell you mine.” Lexi played with her food for a second , “My ex, the one who keeps ringing like a stalker. I got together with him after I moved in with my aunt when my parents kicked me out. We were together for nearly five years then I broke up with him when I was in medical school as I found out he had been cheating. I’ve never really wanted to be in a relationship since. I guess I think it is too much effort, especially with the job I do. So no strings sex?.” I don’t know how but she phrased it as a statement of what she did and as a question. I was sure she was asking if I wanted that too, and right now that was the best idea in the world.

 It felt like forever and a day before the waitress came to take our plates, by this time my heart was already beating a hundred times faster than normal.

“Could I get you desserts?” The waitress asked, I shook my head slightly just as Lexi replied.

“We have other dessert plans. The bill will be fine.” She winked at me and I gave a near inaudible moan in anticipation. At that precise moment I realised where I had seen Lexi before, the woman in the park on my last walk of shame.

“I know where I recognise you from now, I saw you in the park walking home it looked suspiciously like a walk of shame! It’s been driving me crazy.” I blurted it out before I even stopped to think about what I was saying. “You’re the hot girl in the black dress!” Luckily Lexi didn’t take offence to it but beamed at me.

“Finally! I was wondering when you would figure it out. I knew from the moment you turned around on the ward. I will admit I have noticed you more than once in St. Marys, but you never seemed to notice me.”  We paid, and stood up, Lexi held out her hand and without thinking I took it. She dragged me outside into the dusty September heat. Once we were on the street she pulled me to her, we were chest to chest as she gazed into my eyes with a mischievous look across her face. “So, can I take up the challenge?” She leaned down to my ear and whispered “My flat is around the corner.”