chapter nine

"I got this one," Natsu says beside me and I kick the back of his knee making him fall to his knees. Gray laughs beside me and Natsu growls as he looks up to me. "WHAT THE HELL!"

"You're not going out there, Natsu. I know you only want to go so that you can show Sabertooth, but I think it's better you just chill here with me," I tell him putting my hand out to him. He grumbles as he takes it and uses it to help himself up.

Last night I lost control. I might have been saving Happy, but that's not an excuse.

"You did yesterday's round so it's not your turn anyways, Flame Brain," Gray pipes up.

"Yeah, Natsu. You aren't the only one who wants sweet payback," Lucy joins with a smile and confidence in her eyes.

"Right. So I'll play then," Erza says turning to us with her arms crossed. I think something went down last night and she's mad about it. "I'm sure you two would complicate the matter further if you went."

I don't disagree at all. If something actually happened we would be disqualified. And I might've ended up in jail.

"Alright. Go and get us a win, Erza," Lucy cheers as the Scarlet walks off without a word.

"This is not fair! I called this one," Natsu yells throwing a fist in the air. He doesn't listen.

"The decision's been made," Gray grumbles crossing his arms and glaring down at the floor. "So would ya shut up?"

"Fine," Natsu sighs before muttering. "Only because Evie is letting me hold her hand."

"Am n-WHAT THE HELL," I yell seeing the sight of Natsu's hand in mine with out fingers laced together. I quickly pull my hand away and clutch it to my chest before sobbing. "No...Natsu's germs have contaminated my poor hand."

"Hey," Natsu pouts but I ignore him as the competitors for the game is announced. The other members talk about the cat girl that they met with Jellal. I didn't meet her because during that time I was on a solo mission. Suddenly, a black magic circle appears in the sky. A dark castle comes out of it, slowly making its way to sit on the earth.

"Th-that looks scary," Lucy stutter looking at the thing.

"Just like Erza," I mutter and the two boys beside me snicker at my comment. I love Erza and she knows it, but she can be scary. Maybe that's where I get my scariness from. We all quietly listen as the talking pumpkin mascot explains the game. He's a little creepy looking, but that's okay I guess. "Monster, huh?"

Ezra's drawn as the first to go fight monsters. Knowing Erza she's going to give it her all and she's going to push herself.

"I choose to challenge all of them," Erza says and everyone around gasps. A shiver runs up and down my spine.

Erza can do this.

"Yes, BITCH! Let's go," I yell to her although I know she can't hear me, but I don't care.

"Are you drunk," Gray asks and I flick him in the forehead.

"No. I'm just scared thinking about going in there," I tell the truth thinking about if I had volunteered for this. I'd be dead.

"I'll hold you if you want," Natsu grins and I roll my eyes. I fell into that one I guess.

A screen appears before us and the crowd to all us to see into the dark palace of monsters.