Chapter 5

<<the next day>>

  (Rossi point of view)

      "Good morning you two" I laugh as JJ and Reid walk into the conference room.
"Hey" JJ says as she sits down. We have to sit in the same order as yesterday, because of the offices 'no dating' rule.
"Garcia is on her way, she'll be here in a few minutes" Hotch announces, as Morgan's face lights up.
"Why?" I ask.
"Bad signal" he lets out a little smile as she looks at Morgan, making it obvious that she was coming for him. "We will start when she arrives". We all sit around and talk for about 15 minutes, until Garcia bursts through the door.
"My lovely ladybugs" she yells as a huge smile fills her face. She runs straight to Morgan and gives him a big hug.
"Garcia" Hotch snaps.
"Sorry I forgot." She bounces back and moves to the white board. "So, I've been following the feed We got from our unsub regarding Kay. In the last 12 hours, he has slapped her twice and fed her once."
    "Do we know what he fed her?" JJ asks.
    "It looked like soup"
     "So he prepared her a meal, but still felt the need to hurt her?" I ask. "We know what that sounds like" the whole team goes silent.
   "What do we have?" The detective walks in,
Loud and proud.
   "We have a profile to deliver" Prentiss says and we head into the main lobby. "Excuse me everyone, May we have your attention?"
    "Our unsub is a while make, approximately 6'1. He's white and has a muscular build. We know this from the video feed we have been giving."  I start.
    "He frequents at local businesses, and hes the type you remember" Emily adds.
    "He will start off nice and chill. He will then turn angry and annoyed, with no obvious trigger" JJ continues.
    "When he gets angry, he will become violent and do things like, cut in lines, yell, knock things off of shelves, or even become physically aggressive towards other people" Hotch finishes. "If you see him, call us and approach with caution, Kay's life depends on it." We Thank the officers and head back into the conference room.
    "I have a question" Penelope announces. "Two actually"
"What?" We all ask in unison.
"Where are Kay's parents? And didn't we determine their were two unsubs?"
We all look at eachother. "Garcia I need you to look into Kay's last, everything is critical" Hotch says sternly.
She does as she's told. "Sir, all I found is something about her family moving about six months ago"
"Reason? Location?" I ask impatiently.
"She moves an hour north from her old home, we are in the middle of the two towns" she answered. "It doesn't say a reason, although it's odd because  neither parent got fired or relocated from their jobs."
    "Did they both get new jobs?" Prentiss asks.
    "The dad, Peter, went from being a banker to being a cashier at the local grocery store. And the mom, Mary, is currently unemployed." She answered. "Says here that she was a third grade teacher."
    "Neither of them were fired? Then why did they give up their perfect lives to live in a smaller town up north?" Detective Mer asks, confused.
    "Any signs of bullying at Kay's school?" JJ suggests.
   "No reports were filed"
   "Okay Reid and Morgan go to Kay's old school, Garcia send the address" Reid and Morgan get up and leave. "Rossi, Prentiss go to their old home and check for anything abnormal. And JJ, you and I will go to the new house." We all depart, leaving Garcia alone once again.

AN: this chapter may seem extra but it's important for the rest of the story.