Lost Little One

I soon found myself in a large toy aisle. A small child stood in the middle of the aisle. He covered his face as tears dripped down. He had short silly hair that ended at his shoulders and had a height that was up to my waist.

I walked up to the child. "What's wrong? Are you lost?" He nodded, wiping away his tears. "What's your name, little one?"

"B-Brandon." He stuttered.

I smiled gently. Considering I was closer to him, I could see he had long eyelashes which gave off a feminine look.

"It's okay, I'll help you find your mother. I'm Kristal. Who brought you here?"

"My mommy."

"Aw, well let's go find your mommy, okay?" I motioned him to take my hand. He placed his hand in mine, and I gripped it gently, escorting him to the pick up area.

Carlos's face lit up as soon as his eyes set on Brandon. He gasped and squealed. "Oh my God, is he your brother?"

I scoffed. "No. He's lost."

Carlos rushed over to Brandon and began pampering him. "He's so adorable!" He exclaimed.

I roll my eyes and call out to Brandon. "I need to make an announcement. What's your last name, Brandon?"

"Sholes."

I tuned into the announcement. "Will the parent of Brandon Sholes please come to the pickup department," I repeated it once more and then hung up.

We waited a while for Brandon's guardian. It seemed like Brandon and Carlos were having so much fun. They got along like two peas in a pod.

Brandon pouted when he realized Carlos had to get back to work. I gave Jordan a signal to keep Brandon company instead, but it didn't seem to go so well. Brandon seemed more on guard with him.

He began to hit Jordan, and since the kid was only about 5 or 6, it had seemed hilarious to me. Jordan's eyes pleaded me to make it stop. I just giggled. I turned away, not minding them. Arms wrapped around me swiftly as I was pulled closer to the figure behind me. "Why'd you leave me all alone?" Jordan breathed into my neck softly. I shivered and smiled. 

Brandon tugged on my shirt, trying to pull me away. "Get off of her!" I laughed at the sight as he spoke with a high-pitched voice. 

"No," Jordan replied.

I turn over to look at him in the eyes. "Um... what are you doing?" I cross my arms. 

"You're my protection." He grinned.

I hadn't noticed that Brittney sat next to us quietly until she had finally spoken. She leaned forward into our sight of vision. "I can be a better protection than her." I could feel myself cringing. I knew that she liked Jordan, but this seemed a bit much. I was starting to feel uncomfortable. 

Jordan pulled me even closer, pressing me against him. "But I want Kristal to be my protection." Brittney pouted. I could feel Brandon's eyes burning into us. "You guys are cute." It was Selina. She also worked in our department, but I've never really talked to her though. "What do you mean?" I blushed. 

"I mean that you guys are being really close with each other. " I kept quiet. 

"Hey, guys. I need-"