Suspicion

"Hey guys, I need-" Mrs. Tanger paused and gave us a look, surprised to see the position Jordan and I were in when she walked into the department. I quickly escaped from the arms that held me. "Office, now." I smacked my teeth. Jordan smirked as I rolled my eyes. "Ugh." 

She led us to her office. It was a small room with cardboards set on the side of the walls. There were also plenty of books on shelves, and a desktop, placed on top of a working desk. 

Mrs. Tanger pulls out her wheelchair and sits down, crossing her legs. She finally looked up into our eye after what had seemed like forever. 

"So," she started. "What was that?"

I tried to pretend I didn't know what she was talking about. "What was what?"

"You know what I'm talking about. That thing you guys were doing." 

"Oh...that... See, what had happened was..." She raised her eyebrow, and Jordan waited to see what I would say. "We were only hugging." I continued. 

"That's a pretty affectionate hug there. Are you guys close friends?" 

"Yes." We declared in unison.

"Are you guys..." She tried looking for the right words. "Best friends?" 

"Well... not really, but we're close." 

"We're hug buddies!" Jordan interrupts. I gave him a confused look. Hug buddies? Couldn't he have thought of something else? 

In the corner of my eye, I could see Mrs. Tanger staring at me, looking for confirmation. I smiled at her weakly. "...Okay" she says. "Well, you can go back now, make sure we keep it PG." I nod and leave her office. 

I was embarrassed. Sooner or later, she's going to find out. "Tch." I turn to Jordan when he smacked his teeth. "What's wrong?" I asked. 

"I really wanted to tell her that we're lovers." I blushed in an instant. 

"You're so sly," I stated. I started walking faster. I was stopped when arms wrapped around my waist. "I love you." He whispered. "I love you too," I replied. He rested his head on my shoulder, and we stood like that for a moment. 

"Okay... I think it's time to go. " He finally let go, and we headed back. 

"Oh! You guys are back!" Carlos looked at us both. "What happened?" 

"Nothing important, let's get back to work," I answered. I didn't feel comfortable talking to him about it, especially since I was cheating on him. He stared at me. 

I look away, spotting Brandon with a tall lady with curls. "Is that the mother?" 

"No, it's his sister." I just nodded and let them go. 

Before I knew it, it was 8 P.M. Time to go! Jordan had already left, so it was just Carlos and me. "Alright, I'm going!" I told Carlos. I quickly get ready to leave and walk out. 

"Wait," He quickly grabbed my wrist. "Is there anything going on between you and Jordan? ...Do you... like him?" Concerned was written all over his face. I started to feel guilty. 

"I used to," I lied. "but that was before I had met you." He frowned. It was half the truth and half the lie. 

"I know... It's just..." 

"Don't worry, I'll try to keep my distance." Keyword, "Try".

He smiled and gave me a hug. Before I knew it, he quickly leaned forward, causing me to shift back, surprised. I could feel his lips lightly pressed against my cheek. My eyes widened, shocked, as he moved back. After I had finally processed what had happened, I could feel my cheeks heating up. I looked away, not wanting him to see me being vulnerable. 

"Okay, I'm going, bye!" He waved goodbye. 

I stood there shocked. I shook my head, clearing my mind for the drive home. As soon as I got home, I texted Jordan. Omg, guess what!