Chapter 16 : Side Effects

Start from the beginning

You simultaneously cringed and flinched. Your hairs standing on end as embarrassment overtook you, your whole body transforming into a bright red hue. Quickly, Tendou covered his mouth to muffle his laughter. "Ugh! Tendou-senpai!" you cried, punching him repeatedly on the back. This mini argument was just met with blank stares until finally Semi came to your aid, giving the lanky teen a lecture.

"Wakatoshi" Gin called out catching everyone's attention. He approached the ace and gave him a strong pat on the back, the sound emanating from it was enough to make you wonder how Ushijima's arm is still connected to him. "If at the next set you don't push through that damn block of theirs then you'd better be ready to run a few additional laps on the field" the captain's ruthless threat being met with nervous stares.

"If the ace doesn't push us through then no one will. Just do as you always do and we'll follow through." No other words were needed. The rest looked at Ushijima with a smile, giving the ace a strong pat on the back before moving towards the court. Ushijima blinks, a light-hearted sigh leaving his lips before he mutters, "Yes."

You smiled at their subtle exchange of encouraging words. The bonds their team shared baring itself before you that you couldn't help but feel all warm inside. "Good luck!" you cheer earning you a few thumbs up from the players. "Oh! That's right, what formation will nii-chan's team be do-!" your thoughts cutting itself off when you noticed that the libero's bib was no longer where it was supposed to be.

Hurriedly, you stood from your place and ran in front of the coach. "Please let me switch teams!" you begged to Coach Washijou in a ninety-degree bow. Your sudden request going unheard to both teams, the Shiratorizawa line-up quick to voice their refusal, their voices laced with sadness. It was only obvious that they'd feel a tad betrayed, although temporary, you were still their manager.

"Please..." you say, your body trembling in urgency.

***

~ Chuu-Nittai team

"Ahhh~ I feel so refreshed! They were all so beautiful when they tried to receive me~" the white-haired male of the opposing team purrs happily, his eyes twinkling and his face bright as he twirls a ball in his hands. The rest of the team looking at him with judgemental eyes, their minds working in sync as they thought of the same thing "damn sadist..."

(br/n) sat on the bench with a groan before he took a big gulp of his drink. Slowly, his eyes moved to the other side of the court, his eyes observing as he watches you approach the olive-haired ace with a face laced with worry. He was a few seconds close to gripping the bottle hard enough for its contents to explode when his teammate's cries suddenly rang through his ears.

He looks towards them with a start and immediately he regretted doing so, he shouldn't have expected more from these idiots. Kenta, their tallest member was huddled in one corner of the room with a depressing air hovering above him. Afraid to ask, (br/n) merely points at him eliciting a light-hearted chuckle from Henry, "he suddenly got that depressed when he saw (f/n)-chan running to that olive-haired player on the other team."

(br/n) sighed exasperatedly, "you seriously just met her a few hours ago, what the f*** is wrong with you? Besides, it's not like I'm going to approve of any of you guys dating my sister. Our family has high standards, mind you" (br/n) just says flatly.

Jun laughed heartily while giving the even more depressed Kenta a consoling pat on the back, "cheer up and just find yourself a legal loli, preferably one without an older brother..." he cooed "you too captain!" he quips making the captain choke on his spit for the second time.

"Hey (br/n)..." Ichigo calls out with a bored voice. (br/n) turns towards him, the tanned male casually leaning on their team's setter as he has the shorter male enveloped in a bear hug. "Is it alright if we switch now? I'm getting tired with jumping around..." he mumbles tiredly making Henry laugh. "And just recently you were complaining about my two-attack saying you wanted to spike. Why don't you play two more sets then you guys can switch" Henry replies making the tanned male groan.