C H A P T E R - E I G H T E E N

Start from the beginning

And lastly, Marisa grabbing the vials for herself, Ella unable to save her. 

She remembered few good things, like Fletcher's empathy and Marisa taking her hand as they walked through the tunnels but it couldn't make up for all of the horror she endured. The memories stopped coming back to her, and she was back in the present.

More tears fell as she started to hyperventilate. She tried to stand up, but she fell right back down. She held back more gasps and tears as she lifted herself to her feet, using the wall to lean on. She needed to be strong, even if she was scared. Her headache came back but this time she knew it was because she was crying.

She took a deep breath in, and ran again.

***

"Everybody alright?" Raven called. They were all completely blind at that moment, unable to see anything but black. She waited for a response and was relieved when two came back to her. She didn't expect Trevor to respond to her call but was still just as worried.

"Is Trevor still here?" Fletcher asked.

"I'm not sure," Raven said. They tried to guide themselves around the room, touching everything to see if they could find their friend. It was a rather small room, so they were alarmed when they couldn't.

"Oh no," Fletcher whispered as a scream followed. A familiar one, one that the person making it couldn't hear.

Fletcher and Raven ran out of the room and Teony stayed back, looking for some source of light. She grabbed the a large book and grabbed the lighter she had kept in her pocket, starting a fire. She ran out with it and threw it on the ground where Raven and Fletcher were standing. And as soon as it hit the ground, they saw the face of Trevor Knight who had a large, bleeding cut all across his cheek.

"Oh my god!" Raven exclaimed as she squated down to look at his injury better. Trevor was panting, saliva dripping out of his mouth and a few tears streaming out of his eyes. Raven gripped his hand, trying to calm him down. The three got more and more stressed out, not sure what had happened to him. Usually he could keep it together, but he was just loosing it. 

"What the heck happened?" Fletcher said to himself. He was doing almost the same thing as Raven, trying to calm him down but he was just in too much pain. As Fletcher looked closer at the cut, he had noticed how far down it went. It wasn't just a scratch. It was a deep, deep wound.

Teony stood on the side, getting more books to light on fire. She tried to look away from him, too scared to see him in pain. Once she had about two dozen books, she held her hands to her face, taking sharp breaths.

"Guys!" A voice called. Teony and Fletcher looked up to see a curly-haired blonde girl running towards them. As she got closer, Ella noticed Trevor on the ground. "What happened?" She asked, worried.

"I don't know!" Raven exclaimed, her voice getting shakier.

"Where's everybody else?" Fletcher asked, his eyes now focused again on the boy on the ground.

"I had to make sure you guys were okay," said Ella.

"Ella, can you go to the bathroom to get a towel?" Raven asked. "Quickly!"

Ella agreed, and she ran back to the bathroom. Raven and Fletcher continued to comfort their friend, and were alarmed when he opened his eyes. They sighed a little as saliva stopped falling from his mouth, his breathing more controlled. He was still wincing a lot, and he bundled his fists to help control the pain but still managed to get a few large screams out. His eyes closed once again, but everything else continued.

"What's happening?" A female voice said from behind them. Fletcher looked up at Rafe and the others, and was startled by their reactions. Rafe gasped, putting her hand to her face as she ran over to them. "What happened to Trevor?" She asked, voice shaky.

"I don't know!" Raven said for the second time. "We found him like this!"

"Oh my god," She whispered. Rafe placed her hand on his, replacing Fletcher's, and squeezed as hard as she could. He let out one more scream which made Rafe cry a little, her tears falling onto their joined hands.

The others were alarmed. They had never seen Rafe cry before.

Ella ran back to the students, carrying a small, damp towel in her hands. She gave it to Raven who started to rub it on Trevor's wound, making him scream even more. Rafe shushed him, stroking his hand with hers. She choked a few more times, making it hard for her to shush him or even breath. 

Raven cleaned up the rest of the dried blood on his skin and the boy's eyes opened. His screams stopped but his fists stayed clenched, his breathing deep. He directed his focus onto Rafe, who was still having sharp breaths and he attempted to smile a little. It came out more like a disgusted face but she got the message. She tried to smile back a little, and his eyes closed once more, this time falling asleep.

§