Chapter 6

I loved the wind in my hair, it pressing against my face. Too bad I had a helmet on. I had tried to take it off at a red light but Cameron told me he didn't want to risk me getting hurt, big baby.

We drove passed the high school, Speedway, McDonald's, Starbucks, and finally turned into the lot. We parked by the front entrance even though we didn't have to sign up to use the volleyball sand courts in the back. I got off of the bike first and took off my helmet. My head always felt extremely light after wearing the helmet, it put a lot of wait on my head.

As we walked to the courts I saw a little boy and little girl holding hands, it was the cutest thing I had ever seen. They way she turned red when he kissed in the cheek, the way she giggled running with him. The two different parents came though and separated them for not keeping their hands to them selves. I bet they break that rule all the time so they shouldn't be talking. It was so sad, it was like watching one of the thousand breakup scenes in The Notebook.

We made it to the courts, put the bag down on the side, and got out the volleyball.

"So do you want to start with just practice bumping and setting back and forth on the side first? Or starting the game?" He asked, taking off his helmet. He still had his pullover hoodie on and it was like 80 degrees out.

"Probably practice first. I'm a little rusty since I didn't play last year." He agreed and we moved over to the side where the sand started.

"Man it's hot out." Cameron said and started to pull his pullover off. He surprisingly had no shirt on under it. I couldn't help but stare. He had really good abs, they must've been as hard as-

"Earth to Brooke?" I had been staring for too long and he must have noticed, whoops.

"Uh yea sorry. Here we go." I started the ball off with a overhand serve and he bumped it back. He didn't hit it hard enough so it went short. I dived to hit it back up towards him, succeeding. It went a little high so he jumped up and spiked it, it hit my foot.

"Hey no spikes cheater!" I teasingly shoved him.

Ooh abs.

Stop.

"We didn't discuss any rules though." He said sarcastically.

"Well played Cam, well played. I think I'm ready."

We moved to opposite sides of the court again and he started the game off with an underhand hit, bad choice. It rainbowed right towards me and when I jumped I spiked it town.

"I thought you said no spikes!"

"But you made an excellent point that we didn't establish that."

"Playing dirty now huh?"

"Oh Cameron, I'm only getting started." I walked back to my other side, hands on my hips. "My serve." He rolled the ball to my side.

I through it up a little infront of me so I could get a bit of a running start, jumped up, and hit a powerful overhand serve. Cameron ran to it ans bumped back. I ran up to the net and jumped up to spike it down, but it flew right above the tip of my finger. I tried to run back to it but when I bumped it wasn't strong enough to hit it back over and Cameron made point, if we were playing an actual game atleast.

"Only getting started?" He teased and walked over to my side of the court.

"Hey, I'm a little rusty, cut me some slack!" I shoved his arm.

My stomach started growling, I had skipped breakfast. It sounded like a dying seal was in my stomach.

"Hungry?" He smirked.

"Maybe a little, I didn't eat breakfast."

"Come one, let's go get Tcby." He smiled and we started walking.

Tcby stands for, the Country's Best Yogurt, and trust me, it. It's always been my favorite place to go for comfort food and after my morning, I really needed that. It was only a block down so we decided to walk but took the long way and walked all the way around the middle school.

"I'm starving." I said to start conversation. "But I'm so fat." I looked down and patted my stomach. All girls are insecure, some show it, apparently my loud mouth does.

"Don't say that, you're stunning."

He grabbed my hand and started rubbing circles with his thumb. I suddenly had butterflies in my stomach and I just knew my cheeks were red. "This doesn't make you uncomfortable right? I mean I know what happened between us and everything and I'm really sorry but..."

"Cameron," I grabbed his other hand, "I don't mind."

"Well, would you mind this?" He moved in slowly. "Do you want me to stop?" He whispered in a soft, calming voice.

He was taking too long so I leaned in quickly and gave him a soft kiss.

"Does that answer your question?" I bit my lip and looked into his deep green eyes.

"I don't think that's enough of an answer." He teased and leaned in for more.

It was sweet and long...wait, long is an understatement.