Chapter 2

"Best movie ever!" Claudia was going on and on about Channing's abs and biceps and just anything about him in general. But all I could think about was Michael. Even though we had just met, it felt right, almost perfect. Corny yes, but true.

I turned to walk out of the the theatre into the mall. I walked to the other side of the mall to Starbucks while Claudia went to the bathroom. "I'll take a grande caramel frappe."

The cashier guy turned around and looked up at me to take my $10. He had really pretty eyes...almost familiar. I couldn't remember where I had seen those eyes until he mentioned it and it hit me.

"I think I almost knocked you off your board earlier."

"Yea I think you almost did."

So that's where I remember those eyes. I couldn't tell whether they were green or blue, but now that I look at them now, they're more of a teal color.

"Feisty one aren't you?" He smirked.

I rolled my eyes. "Can I have my change please?"

"I don't know, I think you kinda owe me for almost skating into me earlier."

"Um I believe you were the one who almost caused that."

"Sure if did." He had a sarcastic look on his face that was so attractive for some reason. He finally handed me back my change. "Here is your grande caramel frappe."

"Thank you," I looked for a name tag but couldn't find one. I think he noticed because he interrupted me, "Connor, Conner Dawson."

"Brooke Taylor." I smiled at him, but he didn't smile back. I realized that he was staring back at Claudia walking towards me. Of course, he probably thought she was gorgeous, you can't blame him. Claudia has beautiful, long, blonde hair, skinny, tall, practically perfect.

"Hey Brooke we should probably go hit Forever 21 before all the good shoes are gone from the sale. Oh hey Connor."

"Hey baby cousin."

Oh, never mind.

"Ugh shut up."

Cousins, maybe I could get some info out of Claudia about this Connor guy.

"Seriously let's go though."

"Okay, um bye Connor."

He gestured a wave goodbye and turned around to go to the back of the store.

"So, what do you know about Connor...?" We searched through the sale racks in Forever 21.

"OMG you totally have a thing for him!"

"I don't even know him! I mean, he's cute, like really cute, but still..." She rolled her eyes at my remark. "He's my cousin. Just turned 18, I think 2 or 3 months ago. Moved to Chicago from New York when he was like 10. He used to go to Richards High School, but I heard he's moving near Oak Lawn Community High School, so he should be with us senior year. I guess you met just in time." She gestured a wink to me but I ignored it. I checked the time on my phone, 4:15 PM. I should probably leave soon, ill ask Claudia to give me a ride back to my house.

"Hey can you give me a ride back?"

"Yea of course, when?"

"I think now would be good."

"Then let's go!"

We left the store and started to walk back to the doors we came in through in the mall when Blake texted me; "Hey Mom's gonna be hear in a little while."

"Already leaving, your secret admirer is giving me a ride back." I texted back.

We found the car and both got in. "Let's turn up the radio shall we?" Claudia put on 96.3, B96, my absolute favorite radio station. We rolled down the windows, ironically, as Cruise by Florida Georgia Line came on. "Baby you a song, you make me wanna roll my windows down and cruise!" We blasted the song and sang at the top of our lungs. After numerous favorite songs, we pulled up to my house. I looked at the clock, 4:35 PM.