52. I Can Fuck Him Off By Breathing, Apparently

Start from the beginning

"What?" I asked, laughing at his facial expression.

"It's just gonna take some getting used to is all" He said, laughing a little nervously.

"Yeah, we're still getting used to it" David said, emphasizing the 'we're' and pointing to both himself and Zane, which made Elton smile and made me relax. It obviously meant a lot that the boys got along with Elton because he was my best friend and they were my friends but I also wanted Elton's confidence to boost. I'd seen it working itself out in small segments but nothing major. I knew he had potential to be confident and by not being afraid of these guys would be the number one thing to unleash it.

"Alright, you have to actually tutor Scotty this afternoon, no tattoos" Heath joked, also completely serious. I groaned as Elton's face lit up in wonder and Heath's lit up in amusement, him knowing exactly what he was doing. I went bright red, wishing that I could have strangled Heath right there and then.

"Tattoos?" Elton asked, eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

"Fuck you Heath" I muttered, looking to Elton, who was waiting expectantly for me to explain. Heath was spluttering, attempting to hold back laughter.

"Yeah, I went and got a tattoo last week when Scott annoyed me and I needed to vent. The guy who did it is an old friend of the boys and he's great for talking to. Had you been talking to me I probably would have just come to you. But instead I had to permanently mark my body" I joked and Elton shook his head.

"You amaze me Alissa" He said, smiling. I shrugged, smiling too.

"That's what I do apparently" I said and Heath laughed, resting his hand on my thigh under the table. In response, I punched him in the leg. Hard.

"What the hell Holt?" He yelped in surprise.

"You're an asshole and you know why" I said, referring to him purposely telling Elton about my tattoos without telling him directly. Heath smirked to himself, making me roll my eyes.

"But I'm your asshole, right?" He asked and I groaned.

"Don't cheese your way out of this Hussar" I said, turning back to Elton, who was smiling somewhat nervously.

"I know, I know. It's weird" I said and he nodded.

"Considering the way you felt about these guys a month ago, it's a bit of a shock for sure. But it's not a bad shock" He said and Heath cheered behind me.

"He approves, you happy now?" Heath asked and I rolled my eyes.

"He said it's not a bad shock. He never said he approves. I don't approve half the time" I said and Heath rolled his eyes back at me.

"You suck the fun out of everything, you know that right?" He said and I nodded with a happy smile.

"I did know that, it's my other specialty behind self deprecating jokes." I said, earning a groan from everyone else at the table.

"Alright bozos, it's almost time for last period and Zane and I have to deal with Todd in gym. So I need to psych myself up" I said, grabbing my things and kissing Heath on the cheek before walking towards the gym with Zane.

"So, life's pretty good huh?" Zane asked as we walked. I nodded, my smile taking over without my permission.

"Life's pretty damn good alright." I said and he smiled, halfheartedly.

"Zane, you're not still mad about Gabbie are you?" I asked and he sighed.

"I mean, I get that she's a bitch and she was to me but I really did like her. We let our reputations trample on each other but now that my reputation is history to her, I'm beginning to see the damage she did. But like, I still miss her" He said and I nodded.

"I have no idea how to empathise, I've never been through something like that. But I know that you don't deserve that. You're worth way more than that Zane, and I don't want you to forget that okay? One day a girl is going to come along and you're going to fall so deeply in love with each other that Gabbie Hanna becomes a name you will laugh at" I said and he smiled, a little more genuinely this time.

"God, what did we do to deserve you?" He said with a laugh. I shrugged.

"I see it as a twisted turn of fate" I said as we approached the gym, splitting off for our respective locker rooms.

As I walked into the gym, Todd was standing there with his arms folded. I decided to go stand next to him, curious as to what he'd do.

"You're an idiot if you think Scotty's letting him in." He sneered.

"I never asked for Scott to let him in, only for you guys to not be assholes to him. But of course you fucked that up, didn't you?" I asked sarcastically.

"Your boyfriend doesn't scare me Holt, I'm not afraid to give you what's coming" He said and I shrugged.

"I don't know, the black eye and split lip the other week tells me you are scared of him. But he's not scared of you and won't hesitate to do it again." I said and he laughed.

"He got lucky. I'm not afraid to unleash on him. Or you for that matter" He said.

"Yeah good luck with that, Heath wouldn't let you near me" I said and he smirked, standing in front of me and looking directly into my eyes.

"You expect him to be your little body guard 24/7? Good luck, he's not around right now and all it would take is just one punch" He said, raising his fist. 

TODD WATER U DOIN?

I was travelling all day yesterday and only just got to my mother's house now so I'm updating for you all :)

I can't even begin to tell you how good this drama is gonna be :D