goodbye innocence

this is a remake of my terrible imagine "no longer nerdy"

also i have a new book out

"ethan." i placed my hand on his bicep in hope to calm him down. his chest was heaving rapidly, freaking me out in the process.

"back off (y/n)." ethan's voice was no longer quiet but loud. i removed my hand and backed up.

"he smacked the books out of my hand. i don't know what else to want me to say." i shook my head in disbelief, "i don't know how that's fucking cheating." i flinched at my use of language.

"oh so we're playing that game." he spun on his heel, his eyes now dark.  "i don't know what else you want from me, ethan." i tossed my hands up in the air.

"get out." my eyes widen from the words escaping his mouth. my shaky hand opened the door as tears streamed down my face.

"bye ethan."

21 days
3 weeks

no text, no call, and especially no eye contact. his arms were now found around another girls waist. my heart ached from the sight of their smiles. he seemed happier without me. he moved on and i should too, but it was hard.

i gave him my all and he gave me his, but that obviously meant nothing to him. he was different from the inside, out. he was no longer the ethan i would snuggle with and watch disney movies with.

as i watched them exchange affection i decided there had to be a change.

next day

i tugged at the newly purchased high waisted shorts that sat firmly against my ass, my confidence draining by the second. i woke up extra early to apply a little more makeup than usual, and to touch up my hair.

the white crop top that ended right above my belly button was sleeveless and matched my white converse. the outfit was inspired off of pinterest, and was purchased from urban outfitters.

cat calls echoed through the hallway as i walked towards my locker. my nerves were making my hands slightly trembled due to the amount of eyes aimed at me.

i collected the binders i needed and headed my way towards homeroom. a hand grabbed my wrist making a sharp gasp leave my lips. my eyes met with a pair of the most beautiful eyes. the hazel color that always captivated me.

"ethan." i whispered under my breath, "w-what do you want." my hands started trembling.

he cleared his throat, "can we talk?" my eyes gazed at his eyes before glancing to my feet, "sure." his large hand intertwined with mine as he pulled me into the janitors closet.

"i'm sorry, the kid that took some of your books gave them to me this morning." he looked at his feet in shame. he took his book bag off his shoulder and started digging through it. it was no longer his organized regular book bag, but a messy surpreme one.

i scrunched my nose at the choice of brand. i took in his appearance and was immediately heart broken. purple love bites trailed down his neck. he caught my gaze and moved the hoodie to cover his neck.

"here you go." he handed me back my books as his eyes were looking into mine. "thanks, i guess." i glanced down at his hand and no longer saw his promise ring i gave him.

without a second thought i took the promise ring he gave me and handed it to him. "your new girl will probably want this." his eyebrows furrowed as i placed the ring in his hand.

"(y/n), i still love you." his words made me scoff loudly. "yeah, okay ethan."

"she means nothing to me." he protested as he took a step towards me. "it doesn't look like it." i crossed my arms over my chest as i gestured to the hickeys on his neck.

"please." i cut ethan off, "you've changed. this isn't the ethan i fell madly in love with." he sighed in disappointed.

"bye ethan."
and goodbye his innocence

a/n:
this sucked donkey balls