Chapter 1: Holly

Holly De Gruchi looked around Maple Hills School for Girls. It was quite nice, she thought.      "Bye, Holly! Have fun." Mum yelled out as she drove off. Holly cringed, and gave a small wave. Mum was so embarrassing! Holly tugged at her huge school dress. Mum had wanted to get a bigger size, seeing as the uniform was so expensive. That way it would last Holly a long time. Holly had thought it looked terrible, and offered to pay out of her pocket money, but mum had been insistent. 

Holly walked up the hill, looking around for any familiar faces. On the orientation day, Holly had hung around with Caitlin Jull. Caitlin and Holly had gone to primary school together, but Caitlin had left and moved to Maple Hills Junior School at the end of year 4. Holly had made friends with Caitlin's group. There was one girl Holly liked in particular, aside from Caitlin. Her name was Holly Trenerry-Parkinson, and she seemed really nice! Holly TP had a twin sister named Abigail, but Holly DG hadn't actually met her yet, because Abigail had been sick on the day. As she was walking up the hill, Holly saw three girls standing together in the distance. She could just make out that one of them was Caitlin, but she couldn't clearly see the other two. 

Holly ran up the hill towards them. Caitlin smiled at her.                                                                                     "Hey Holly!" Caitlin said. 

One of the two girls smiled at Holly as well.  The other stared at her phone. 

"Hey Cait." Holly replied. She looked at the other two girls. "Hi, I'm Holly. I think we've met, but I'm not really good with names, sorry!"                                                                          

"Haha, it's okay. I'm Mia Scorfield, and this is Jenny Richards." One of the girls said. She had light brown hair and acne, but she was still quite pretty. Jenny Richards looked up at Holly from her phone.

"Oh hi. I'm Jenny Richards, and this is Caitlin Jull and Mia Scorfield." 

Cait, Mia and Holly started laughing.