Chapter 31: Sad Beautiful Tragic

Start from the beginning

"Hello Taylor, I am Dr. Willis, how are you feeling?" He asks nicely as he took out a pen from the pocket of his white coat.

Swallowing hard I took a deep breath, "I feel awful," I whispered. Speaking from both physically and emotionally.

Dr. Willis twisted the pen he was holding and it turned on the lights. Then he points the light on my eyes. "Well, everything looks okay. You may feel in pain for a little while cause of the impact of the accident," he says. "You've broken your rib pretty badly as well as your right foot, so we had to reset them to bring them back to normal." He explained. "We've also doubled your pain reliever intake so you might feel a little hyper acidic but you won't be allowed to eat anything heavy, we advise you take soup for the next three days. Other than that you are okay. No internal bleeding found so you are lucky," he smiled at me then turned to my mother. "She's gonna fine, I'll check on her later today but if you need me I'll be in my office." He tell my mom and she nodded at him.

Minutes later, I've watched Dr. Willis and the two nurses exit my room. Then my mom went towards me and sat on the chair beside the hospital bed.

"Harold will be here later honey," mom says and I felt my heart aches in the sound of his name. "He never left your side from the time you were out of the emergency room," she said smiling.

Anger washes through my whole being. He was only here because ofguilt. He must've been scared that I will blame him for what happened.

"Mom," I called her.

And she moved even closer to me. "Yes sweetie, do you need anything?"

I gave her a slight nod. "Can I be with dad?" I asked, trying to hold back the tears from falling through my face.

My mom smiled at me. "You're dad went to his hotel to grab some of his things, he'll be here shortly," she said.

So my dad flew from Jersey to be with me. Did he bring his wife?

Swallowing hard, "I wanna be with dad in Jersey," I said.

Confusion is obvious on the face on my mother. "Honey, you can go to Jersey when you're better," she said.

I shook my head at her. "I wanna get better in Jersey, with Dad, now," I tell her.

Getting away, moving away from this town is what I need. I could never show my face to this place and to that school after what happened in Prom. I can never walk pass the halls having to hear them laughing at me cause I was played on. I was part of a fucking dare and had no idea about it.

"Please mom, take me to Jersey, I wanna be with dad, I wanna to get better with dad," I begged as tears started falling from my face.

My mom reached for my hand and held it tightly. Tears is forming in her eyes too. "Taylor, did something happen? If something happen you should tell me," she said.

Shaking my head slightly at her, "Nothing happened," I answered. "Please mom I am begging you, take me to Jersey, please just for this once, do this for me," I begged. "All my life I have been the good kid, I've never been in trouble please mom, take me away from this place," I cried, this time it was harder as I have having a hard time breathing.

My mom panicked as tears fell from her eyes. "I'll just talk to Dr. Willis to discuss your transfer."

I watched leave the room as tears still falling from my face. This town is my home. People here loved one another. I have accepted my fate in this place. I was okay with no friends. Until Harry came in my life that I started questioning everything that I grew up on. I was greedy for wanting to be happy. For wanting to be in someone else's life. Now my selfishness and discontentment is coming back to me.

Tears are falling from eyes non-stop as I waited for my mom to come back. Never in my wildest dreams that I have imagined myself in this situation. Broken from the inside and the outside. Growing up, my plans were certain. Falling in love was never part of the plan and being played on was definitely not what I have imagined either. But now here I am lying on a hospital bed, feeling in so much pain with my bones broken  and my heart shattered without any idea if I'm ever gonna be okay.

The door opened and interrupted my thoughts. I painfully lift my hand to wiped my tears. My mom walked inside the room followed by two nurses.

"I don't know what is happening or what the hell is going on, but what I know is I love you and I'll do everything to protect you," mom whispered to me as she went towards me.

Then the nurses started taking records of my vital signs. Two more nurses walked inside the room.

"What is going on mom?" I asked.

She took a deep breath, "You are going to be transferred to  the District Hospital of New Jersey." She answered.

I feel like the knife stab deeply in chest was taken off. I am getting out of this place. I am not going to see Harry again. I don't have to face the embarrassment of being played on. I don't have to be the girl who got in the middle of a stupid.

Two hours later I was put on an ambulance with my parents holding both of my hands and drove me to the airport where a private helicopter is waiting to fly me to New Jersey.