Princessa

[Kindergarten AU]
[Thomas is around 5 to 6 years old so so are all of his aspects]

He remembered the first time he opened his eyes. It wasn't like when someone was born. It was more like waking up from a sleep you never remember taking, or like you had a dream and all of a sudden your dream reality.

He had all of Thomas' memories, he was there for all of them but it was more like he was inactive during those times. But now, now Thomas had awoken his anxiety.

It started when Thomas started having feelings for others. Feelings that he didn't quite understand but didn't quite like. Such as, feelings for a boy. Such as, growing up in a society where most women and men were together- and two men together was practically unheard of at the age of six, for it wasn't all to common to begin the gay rights talk with a three-second attention spanned six year old. It wasn't as if Thomas thought it was wrong, maybe he did, maybe he didn't, he didn't really know- and there came up the anxiety, ready as ever.

Anxiety looked around the playground and frowned when he saw the huddled up boys at the edge of the playground.

The two weren't crying, not yet at least, they simply bore a confused look on their faces and the one to the right looked absolutely lost.

Anxiety decided to approach them, furrowing his brow in confusion when he noticed that they both had the same face, probably being twins. Anxiety stopped in front of them and bent down to their eye-level, "Are you guys okay?" Anxiety asked anxiously.

Thomas looked up and his confusion increased, "Wh-who are you...?"

Anxiety opened his mouth to speak before shutting it once again, "I...I don't know...?"

"I don't either!" The one to the other boy's right chirped, his frown instantly vanishing.

"I'm Thomas." Thomas held out his hand.

Anxiety warily extended his and quickly shook the other's hand before stuffing his own back into the pocket of his jacket.

Thomas turned to the boy to his right, "He looks like us?"

The boy nodded, "Yeah but different clothes."

"Well duh, I don't think anyone else wears an outfit like yours." Thomas giggled.

The boy frowned with a pout.

"I-I think you like fine- like a...like a Prince!" Anxiety smiled.

The prince-like boy shrank back and began to let out little whimpers, "But I wanna' be a princess..."

Anxiety bit his lip in regret, "I-I'm sorry p-princey."

"Princey...?"

"I-I'm sorry." Anxiety whined again.

Princey crossed his arms, "Princessa." He stamped his foot.

"But you're a...boy?" Thomas frowned.

"So? I wanna' be a princess!" Princey kicked out his legs, on the verge of having a fit.

"B-but it's not...it doesn't make sense?" Thomas frowned, and at that moment a new figure appeared, wobbling aimlessly before catching their balance and fixing the glasses upon their nose.

"Another?" Thomas threw his arms up into the air.

"Great, this one looks like a nerd." Princey huffed.

"Hey! I'm a l-logical person- not a nerd for your information!" Logic squeaked up.

"Logically a nerd." Princey smirked.

"Do you have a name?" Thomas asked.

"No...do I need one?" Logic frowned.

"I suppose not...but...I dunno'." Thomas shrugged.

"Well then it's not a-an important thingy right now." Logic nodded.

"O-Okay." Thomas squeaked.

"Why are you talking to yourself, freakazoid?" A kid approached Thomas with a snicker.

Thomas frowned, "I'm not."

"Don't act stupid, you stupid." The kid hissed, looming over the younger Thomas.

"B-but they're there!" Thomas pointed to the aspects around him.

Anxiety fiddled with the sleeve of his hoodie before turning to the other aspects, "G-guys duck out."

The aspects cocked their heads in confusion, "But we should help-" Princey started.

"Duck out now!" Anxiety shrieked.

The other aspects did as they were told immediately.

Thomas looked at Anxiety helplessly as the kid raised a fist, "Y-you exist- r-right?"

Anxiety's eyes rounded helplessly but he shook his head and ducked away, hearing an innocent cry fade as he appeared in his room.
Anxiety immediately teared up and crumbled against the wall, he could feel a fraction of the pain the Thomas was enduring from the older kid and trembled, "I-I only wanted to help- I-I swear." He hadn't meant to pull Thomas' support away, but for the time being, he thought it better if all the aspects disappeared, it wouldn't be good for Thomas to rely on imaginary friends- or whatever Anxiety was. He promised himself he wouldn't show himself as long as he didn't have to, as long as he didn't have to.

***

"Everyone, please welcome- my anxiety." Thomas groaned.

"Sup'." Anxiety's smirk held all the broken promises to himself and to Thomas, and all the silent whispers of advice he had given him over the years without him even knowing who was helping. Even if Thomas was to hate him, that would be fine-

Didn't he deserve it anyway?