Chapters 22, 23 & 24

Start from the beginning

Belias swung at Alec relentlessly. One strike followed immediately by another, each time, Alec knocked the blade backwards and did his best to land a blow. As Alec and Belias squared off against one another, their blades connected and Alec took stance to try to repel his attacker.

"You are strong warrior. That is certain but you lack the strength necessary to wield that blade for long. Even now, I bet you grow fearful and weary. You are most wise to be afraid. That sword, it is not fatigue that it has made you feel, you are dying." Alec did not want to admit it but he knew that Belias was right. Even now, Alec could feel the warmth leaving his hands, the strength in his arms was failing him and worse yet, he could feel his heart beat beginning to slow. He was fighting for his life so that he could save Talia and yet the only instrument he had at his disposal, was killing him.

Alec pressed forward with his legs, doing his best to push Belias backward, but the goliath did little more than shift the positioning of his feet. Alec attempted the one last thing he knew he would have strength for. Alec's knees buckled and he fell to the ground, prompting Belias to laugh at his weakness.

"Too bad, young knight. I was hoping for more zeal from you, but I suppose that the master has no place for you after all." Belias raised his sword in the air and Alec coughed blood again but smiled as he gripped the sword tighter. Belias swung his sword toward the ground and Alec leaned forward, rolling just before the blade cut into him. The force from Belias' stroke unbalanced him, exposing him from the rear. Alec kicked off from the ground and twisted his body using both of his arms to channel his remaining strength through a final stroke.

"AWWWWWW!" The booming voice screamed, tearing the sky apart and causing Alec to go deaf for a moment, as Belias' sword arm fell to the ground with a powerful clang.

"YOU SHALL PAY FOR THAT!" Belias turned and with an open palm sent his force pulse directly into Alec's stomach. Alec's body soared through the air and landed painfully on the ground, but he continued to glow brilliantly. More hot sanguine spewed from Alec's mouth as he brought himself to a seated position, just in time for Belias to send another shockwave at Alec, forcing him back to the ground.

"I WILL KILL YOU SLOWLY!" He continued to rage as a mounted Forsaken rode into the street, a second steed by his side.

"Sire, the knights are here we must make haste."

"I AM NOT FINISHED YET!" Belias turned back toward Alec and began to approach him when the blinding flash of gold, brown and white rammed into him causing him to topple.

"SCREEE!" Oz cried out as he slashed and pecked at Belias, who attempted to shield himself with his remaining hand. Coming to the lion hawk's aid, Talia and Tear joined the fight, whirling spectacular flashes of light and whipping vines toward him. Belias continued to roar out in rage, but was in no shape to continue the confrontation.

"REMEMBER ME, KNIGHT! I WILL SEE YOU AGAIN ONCE MY ARM RECOVERS! I SHALL BE BACK AND MERCILESS, I WILL I BE!"

"Good! I will be taking your other arm next time!" Alec croaked as the armored man fled. Talia, Tear and Oz descended upon Alec. Oz was the first to be by Alec's side, poking and prodding at him.

"Please great Lion Hawk, I must tend to knight Alec's wounds. If I may, please allow me to treat him?" Talia waited for Oz to allow her to pass and she knelt by Alec's side.

"Is everyone alright?" Talia looked down at Alec and smiled.

"Marec is only unconscious, Zelus is helping him to his feet now, and everyone, including Eliza, is safe within the temple. I will be tending to knight Eliza's wounds the moment I have healed yours." Alec looked up without lifting his head and saw Talia's wound. He placed his hand by it and Talia winced.